Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Play A Hand With The Triple Threat (Turn)

Check behind. Betting accomplishes nothing since your action from worse hands is almost nonexistant. You also keep the pot size down in case you don't fill up.

Potting the flop would make me quite unconcerned about a diamond but now it's really sticky.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check behind. Betting accomplishes nothing since your action from worse hands is almost nonexistant. You also keep the pot size down in case you don't fill up.

Potting the flop would make me quite unconcerned about a diamond but now it's really sticky.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right. This is a 10+1 and he has a set. He will get action against many worse hands here. Opponent might have a flush or a straight. But he also might have a gutshot and pair or open ended straight draw and pair. Hero has the 2nd nut flush redraw, so he is really in terrible shape against nothing, even the nut flush or a straight with Ad he has 10 outs. I wouldn't even be that sick if he raised.

Not pointing money in the pot in a $10 tournament would be ridiculous.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:08 PM

You bet too little, and gave him odds to draw to his flush. Still, I have to put a bet out here because I might be ahead, but would hate to see a reraise here. Checking isn't going to help your case, because unless the board pairs, you are in the same spot, and his inevitable bet on the river then will leave you wondering.

You got 1320 left, I'd bet 300 here and see what happens.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:12 PM

If I bet that amount on the flop, I'd go for 300 now, and just hope I don't get raised because I'm not folding.