Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: For those who were out

Sent you some money, I'm lazy and this makes it easy to donate. Plus it gets mathced which is nice.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM

Sweet, can't wait to play!

J
Old 08-30-2005, 07:28 PM

I don't have a problem transfering you funds if I cannot play, but you know there's gonna be someone who bitches about this. Since there's going to be a "special account" for transfering more of your winning if you choose so, why not just make that special account public when it comes that time.

there will be people (adde comes to mind), that will want to donate more if he can't play. these are my friends and they will get the money to me if they can't make it.

i am not looking to steal from the hurricane fund. i know you did not say this, but let's get this off the ground and all those issues will be discussed.

all i can say is this. people who are not agreeable to having 50% of the winnings pulled from the tourney fund SHOULD NOT PLAY. those of you who don't trust me and the other's that help will certainly be given an account to transfer to if this is possible.

if it is not possible, and you wanted to transfer to this fund because you could not play, then please send the donation direct to red cross or register and don't show.

if you are playing, paradise will be pulling the money.

if i have to start defending myself between now and tourney time, i respectfully pass this project to slacker to complete. we pulled in over $11,000.00 for the tsunami, and this issue was not an issue.

there are many ways to donate to charity. i would hope that people who smell a rat here will just donate on their own, but at least donate.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:31 PM

Why can't Paradise set up a dummy player account and accept transfers? Hasn't this been done before?

I expect they will do this, because once they announce this tourny, there will be plenty of people (non 2+2ers) who don't know who GrannyMae is, who may want to contribute
Old 08-30-2005, 07:33 PM

For those of you unsympathetic to the plight of these people because they are from a rich country or whatever bullshit reason, watch this video (it's about halfway down the page):

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/...ina/index.html

Distraught resident Harvey Jackson told a local television station about losing his wife in the floodwater as they stood on their roof. (Watch the video report of a husband whose wife slipped from his grip -- 1:07 )
Old 08-30-2005, 07:36 PM

WOOOOOOO!!

just received:

<font color="red"> In a message dated 8/30/2005 7:25:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cashier@ParadisePoker.com writes:
Dear GrannyMae

We have now completed the transfer of $50.00 to your account "GrannyMae".
This was received from account "MayorSA".
</font>

i'm not sure who this poster is yet. however, if anyone sends private donations, please send me an email to

pokergrannymae@aol.com

let me know if i can associate your posting name with you paradise name.

NO PM's please regarding this tourney.

THANKS ALL!!

way to get the ball going!!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Charity Tourney for Hurricane Victims?

Must say that some of the attitudes displayed in this thread are appalling.

One million people have been displaced from New Orleans alone. They probably have no homes or jobs to return to. And when might they be able to return?

When...and if....they can in the foreseeable future, their city is trashed. There is already talk of possible rampant disease as the result of the flooding. Who knows how long it might take to restore clean water, electricity, and sewage disposal.

These are people from all walks of life....middle class, rich, poor. They are all in the same mess.....and deserve help.

The ramifications of this on the rest of the country are significant. One million displaced persons, and 40% of this country's oil refining capabilities out of commission for who knows how long. Gasoline prices are already going up....but paying more at the pump is minor compared to what these folks are enduring right now.

I don't play tournys, but I can give. Count me in for a donation.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:41 PM

deleted
Old 08-30-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Must say that some of the attitudes displayed in this thread are appalling.

One million people have been displaced from New Orleans alone. They probably have no homes or jobs to return to. And when might they be able to return?

When...and if....they can in the foreseeable future, their city is trashed. There is already talk of possible rampant disease as the result of the flooding. Who knows how long it might take to restore clean water, electricity, and sewage disposal.

These are people from all walks of life....middle class, rich, poor. They are all in the same mess.....and deserve help.

The ramifications of this on the rest of the country are significant. One million displaced persons, and 40% of this country's oil refining capabilities out of commission for who knows how long. Gasoline prices are already going up....but paying more at the pump is minor compared to what these folks are enduring right now.

I don't play tournys, but I can give. Count me in for a donation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a lot of people who don't realize just how bad things are now in New Orleans. Many people stopped watching coverage of this last night, well before the major levy break that flooded the city; I didn't even realize what had happened until about midday at work when I routinely checked CNN.com.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sent you some money, I'm lazy and this makes it easy to donate. Plus it gets mathced which is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

you were the first.

KARMA!!!!!!!!

ty ty ty

btw, i have just asked for them to create a special account. i will let you guys know the answer. doug, i will send the $50 there when created. if it can't be done, paradise will get this $50 with final pool.

please hold all donations until you hear back on this issue.