Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Multi Table Cashes

if I am going to run through 50 multi table tournaments with $2,3, 5, 10, and 20 dollar buy ins what is the appropriate number of cashes and final tables I should shoot for?
Old 09-22-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Multi Table Cashes

i like to shoot for the final table every time i start a mtt, but thats just me.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like to shoot for the final table every time i start a mtt, but thats just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm digging the sarcasm, but can I gather a figure here of cashes and final tables so I can see how I do when I figure my data sample.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:10 AM

It all depends how many people are in each tournament. Say you do a 20 person tournament, everyone is going to be trying really hard and paying a lot of attention so the final table will be harder to make. But say you play with 2000 people. Can all 2000 of them be good? I doubt it. Some of them are probably donkeys. And donkeys give away their chips which will make it easier to build a huge stack and coast to the final table. Also when you play a big tourney like this no one really expects to do that well in it so if you take it seriously you are almost guaranteed a 1st 2nd or 3rd place finish.

I hope this helped you (to realize that the term multi table tournament is very vague and your question was impossible to answer with the information you gave us)

In all honesty why don't you try to play a bunch of MTT's and have your prize money be higher than your total buy ins. That would be productive. It would also probably indicate you're playing okay.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if I am going to run through 50 multi table tournaments with $2,3, 5, 10, and 20 dollar buy ins what is the appropriate number of cashes and final tables I should shoot for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero. I've played in a great many multis and never made a final table. Why should you all of a sudden be successful? On the other hand I've made many final tables in the B&M tournaments. But it's all random.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 cashes and 1 final table
Old 09-22-2005, 03:20 AM

MTT's have sick variance. You can final table 10 of them, or not even cash in one.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:11 PM

5 cashes out of 50? that seems really bad to me anyway. I would think about 20 cashes, at least.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5 cashes out of 50? that seems really bad to me anyway. I would think about 20 cashes, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking? Just curious. You are a funny person. 5 cashes out of 50 is reasonable if you are of average talent and the tourneys pay 10% of the field. Then again you can barely squeak into the money 40% of the time and lose money. Or you could win one and miss the other 49 and profit.

You are either joking or a tremendous stat whore, either one you should realize that there are more to tournaments than what % you cash. Just play well and hopefull you'll make some money.

If you want to know your hourly earn rate before time 4 table 3/6 limit, don't play MTT's. And for the record your earn rate 4 tabling 3/6 will be -$14/hr.