Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:35 PM

Default how poorly did i play this?

Okay, I am a true noob just getting into stud. I've played maybe 15 hours.

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

This table has been very very loose on 3rd street with usually 3 or 4 calling raises so is my raise on 3rd good?

4th Street - (8.00 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

After this guy raises on 3rd i put him on aces so I wait till the expensive streets to reraise him. Is this no good?

5th Street - (5.50 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises

i thought it might look suspicious to check it here as it is pretty evident that i have 2 pair as i raised on 3rd with a 4 showing, am i wrong?

6th Street - (13.50 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises

River - (19.50 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Should i give him credit for aces full here and slow down on the river like i did or keep playing it agressively?

Total pot: (21.50 BB)

Results:
Total pot $86 | Rake $3

the more i look back the more i see that i should have been more agressive on 6th and 7th, is that right or was slowing down a good move? THANKS for helping a noob figure it out.

Tigre
Old 07-21-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: how poorly did i play this?

I like the way you played 3rd through 5th. I might just cap it on 3rd and/or raise on 4th, but your line is fine too.

Once he catches the second ace on 6th you have to slow down though.
His cap on 5th probably meant aces up. In that case you are drawing to one out.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: how poorly did i play this?

Hi,

You played the hand just freakin fine if you ask me.

What were the results, I can't see them? I assume you won the hand considering you posted this.

If you Did win the hand...Don't worry about missing a bet or two against this type of opponent. All the cash will come to you eventually.

CJ
Old 07-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Default results

Results:
Total pot $86 | Rake $3

Hero: [4s 4d 4h 8h 8d 2d Js] (a full house, Fours full of eights)

Seat 6: [4c 2h Ad 6h 7h Ac 9s] (a pair of Aces)

HOW BAD IS THIS GUY? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: results

He's very bad, but you played it just fine. You can't expect everyone you play against to be this big of a donkey. Put him on you buddy list and you'll get the rest in the future.