Default Re: PLO8 $400 vs. LAG

[ QUOTE ]
What does the "g" stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girlyman.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is a routine fold on the flop, and Hand 2 is a routine fold preflop. I dont know, maybe Im missing something here? What do you expect to make with AAAJ? Only thing I see with your hand is the very slight possiblity of AJ combo straight or a club flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dyessman, sometimes in poker it is advantageous to bet when you are actually behind in a hand. This is called "bluffing". The principle requirement for a successful bluff is called "fold equity": the likelihood that a player will fold, converted into EV. In addition, there is a more nuanced version of the bluff called the "semibluff", which occurs when you are bluffing with a decent draw. It's a combination of all these things that is going on in this hand, and it was *never* my plan to only continue postflop with a straight or catching the case ace to make top set.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is a routine fold on the flop, and Hand 2 is a routine fold preflop. I dont know, maybe Im missing something here? What do you expect to make with AAAJ? Only thing I see with your hand is the very slight possiblity of AJ combo straight or a club flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dyessman, sometimes in poker it is advantageous to bet when you are actually behind in a hand. This is called "bluffing". The principle requirement for a successful bluff is called "fold equity": the likelihood that a player will fold, converted into EV. In addition, there is a more nuanced version of the bluff called the "semibluff", which occurs when you are bluffing with a decent draw. It's a combination of all these things that is going on in this hand, and it was *never* my plan to only continue postflop with a straight or catching the case ace to make top set.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is this thing called "Play Money". If you want to call a 16 buck raise with AAAJ, then this is where you belong. The second hand is as routine of a fold as it gets. Hand 1 you can keep bleeding your chips away on a gutshot straight draw ... fine by me.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is this thing called "Play Money". If you want to call a 16 buck raise with AAAJ, then this is where you belong. The second hand is as routine of a fold as it gets. Hand 1 you can keep bleeding your chips away on a gutshot straight draw ... fine by me.

[/ QUOTE ]
DMan, I'm sorry for this, but it needs to be said. You are a fking retard when it comes to PLO8. Your advice is completely wrong the majority of the time.

As an example, take my play on hand 1. Drawing to a gutshot. I would like you to examine my odds of making that gutshot in relation to the pot odds being offered by that minbet into a pot that was raised preflop.

Furthermore, as a service to you (and a public service to this forum), I recommend that you go learn the meaning of the following list of concepts, practice applying them in an actual game, and then gradually return to posting:

-pot odds
-implied odds
-bluff
-value bet
-semibluff
-table image

You can learn about most of these issues with the book Theory of Poker, available at 2+2 press.

I can't imagine how anyone with even a vague understanding of these concepts could compose posts as bad as yours.

Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As an example, take my play on hand 1. Drawing to a gutshot. I would like you to examine my odds of making that gutshot in relation to the pot odds being offered by that minbet into a pot that was raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent that retarted, are you? Noone was doubting your original call, I was doubting the call after the huge raise. You need to learn how to read posts before flaming.

I mean, am I that unclear to you? You are a huge dumbass for posting such a terrible thread, and are a bigger dumbass for trying to argue against folding in either of the hands.

If you dont believe me ... read some of the other posts in this thread. Do they really advocate playing both aggressivley?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You arent that retarted, are you? Noone was doubting your original call, I was doubting the call after the huge raise. You need to learn how to read posts before flaming.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the FK are you talking about? Evidently your reading comprehension skills are for sh!t too. I folded to the raise, you fking dumbass piece of sh!t.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What the FK are you talking about? Evidently your reading comprehension skills are for sh!t too. I folded to the raise, you fking dumbass piece of sh!t.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA LMAO LMAO

This is like talking to a brick wall. Only that brick wall plays better O/8. Stop talking, please.

EDIT- I never said you actually made the call. Wowzer.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 89 in his name is the year he was born evidently. Kids get that special feeling when they turn 16. Special School that is.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 89 in his name is the year he was born evidently. Kids get that special feeling when they turn 16. Special School that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of school, Im sure you got made fun of a lot with a name like Graham Ribchester. It had to be hard to hear your name called for attendance. Im sure you were laughed at every time. That pretty much explains why you are so hostile now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The 89 does not stand for the year, if youd like me to give a long explanation, Id be glad to.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:10 AM

I love this forum. Even the flames are of excellent quality.
NH, Sirs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]