Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Why can\'t I win more than a half a f@#$ing bet?

50k+ at $3/6 6-max, various sites.

I have some #s that are out of whack. I'd love to hear some feeback from some winners who can identify some glaring holes.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/P...ertracker1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/P...ertracker2.jpg
Old 09-15-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Why can\'t I win more than a half a f@#$ing bet?

Here's your two biggest problems:

66% fold when BB. Defend your blinds more...try to bring this number down to 55-60

28% attempt to steal blinds...open up your range (get this number to at least 32)
Old 09-15-2005, 08:36 PM

* you're folding the BB to steal too much.
* You're aggression is out of wack. You just bet bet bet raise fold. This doesn't work against over aggressive 6-max opponents. You have to give these guys rope and let them hang themselves. You're raising when you should be calling. You're pushing these Aggressive players off their nothing hands. It’s OK to check/call, check/call, check/call sometimes. Flop AF should be more like 2.5-3. Turn ~ 2.
*You're FRB is too high as well.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 PM

Oh yea...your folded to river bet is over 45% ... you're folding/getting pushed off hands wayy too much.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yea...your folded to river bet is over 45% ... you're folding/getting pushed off hands wayy too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that that's true, at 3/6, which I think is fairly passive. I did pretty well at 5/10 with a FRB in the low 40s. And he's super-agg on the flop and turn, meaning that if they're betting the river he's probably in trouble.

Post your "stats by position" screenshot, please.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:26 PM

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/P...itionstats.jpg
Old 09-15-2005, 09:31 PM

I agree with what you said in terms of my aggression. I've feel like I'm improving in that area.

I feel like my high FRB and high agg factor are in correlation do to situations where I have AK or some other raising hand in EP. I'll get cold-called by someone in position. I bet, he calls both the flop and turn and I haven't improved. I check the river, they instabet and I fold. That seems to happen a lot.

I'm sure there are many other factors which contribute to this as well. For a while I was letting to many hands w/outs go and wasn't getting to showdown enough. That can [censored] with your AF.

I'm not sure how I can even win since it seems I have some fundamental problems here. It's hard for me to identify specific situations where I am overaggressive.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:44 PM

you need to steal alot more.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with what you said in terms of my aggression. I've feel like I'm improving in that area.

I feel like my high FRB and high agg factor are in correlation do to situations where I have AK or some other raising hand in EP. I'll get cold-called by someone in position. I bet, he calls both the flop and turn and I haven't improved. I check the river, they instabet and I fold. That seems to happen a lot.

I'm sure there are many other factors which contribute to this as well. For a while I was letting to many hands w/outs go and wasn't getting to showdown enough. That can [censored] with your AF.

I'm not sure how I can even win since it seems I have some fundamental problems here. It's hard for me to identify specific situations where I am overaggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're problem is bigger then just aggressively playing overs I think. Say you flop a high top pair (A-Q) with a [censored] kicker or even second pair against aggressive opponents, are you raising to "try to figure out where you are?" Generally, it would be better just to get to showdown.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 PM

Thanks.