Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 04:11 PM

Default KK hand that makes me want to vomit in terror.

Maybe not that bad, but I was still sweating it on the flop. Do I bet the river? Do I slow down on the flop and see if I boat it up?

Button's stats are 66/9/.95 for the record.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: gobbo is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo caps</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo caps</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, gobbo checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: KK hand that makes me want to vomit in terror.

something doesn't seem right.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM

Sorry, posted wrong hand. Clipboard didn't save it the first time.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:46 PM

Bet the river. He check-called the turn and checked the river. He probably has the naked Ace of diamonds. He could have two-pair, a set of Tens, etc. A flush should have put more action on the turn. If he has the nut flush, oh well, he gets two bets on the river from you.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:50 PM

Personally I am capping the turn. If he has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] oh well, you still have outs to improve to a FH. I think it is much more likely that you are up against AK or AA with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or a set of tens, or any other number of hands this donkey could have capped preflop. I would likely c/c the river though UI.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe not that bad, but I was still sweating it on the flop. Do I bet the river? Do I slow down on the flop and see if I boat it up?

Button's stats are 66/9/.95 for the record.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: gobbo is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo caps</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo caps</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, gobbo checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

no reads on SB?

He could be coming along with 2 diamonds, he could also come along with KT / T9 / K9 and think his 2 pair is good. He could be trying to scare you off. This is very much a read hand.

I don't think I cap the flop, I bet the turn, and I think its very close on the river check. I think I check behind too because I hate being c/r here.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:58 PM

sorry i read the hand wrong, got the players reversed. I would bet the river.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:01 PM

If this makes you vomit in terror, what happens to your body when you have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Do you just explode?
Old 08-25-2005, 05:06 PM

All we know about sb's hand is that he'll probably play any 2 cards out of the sb.

Likely hands for SB:
flush
QJ
1 pair w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 pair/lower set

You would expect him to fold his A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hands to a river bet so you're only collecting on 2 pair or lower sets.

You're probably not getting c/red on this river if he has a flush, so he has to have 2 pair/set over 50% of the time to make a value bet good. I'd bet here but I think it's very, very close.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this makes you vomit in terror, what happens to your body when you have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Do you just explode?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Very easy Simpsons reference. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My read on the button was that he would play nearly anything from any position if he liked it, which included nearly basically every suited card. Cause it's soooooted.

BTW, he ended up having KTc.