Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:09 AM

Default Curtains Hand #2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 (t985)
Hero (t975)
Button (t975)
SB (t1030)
BB (t985)
UTG (t985)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1055)
MP1 (t1025)
MP2 (t985)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t45</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t72.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30.

Flop: (t162.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t125</font>, Hero calls t125.

Final Pot: t412.50
Old 12-09-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #2

PF I can understand.

But what other flop were you looking for other than a J? I either forfeit here and give them credit for an overpair or I raise. Flat calling doesn't give you any more information...if you think you are ahead, IMO, then this is poor for the simple fact that so many cards ruin your hand on the turn.

What do you do if an over hits on the turn and he bets 1/2 pot? what if he pushes?

What do you do if a brick hits the turn and he 1/2 pots? What if he pushes?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF I can understand.

But what other flop were you looking for other than a J? I either forfeit here and give them credit for an overpair or I raise. Flat calling doesn't give you any more information...if you think you are ahead, IMO, then this is poor for the simple fact that so many cards ruin your hand on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say it doesn't give you any information. They do have to act first on the turn, don't they? I'm thinking that villain had TT+ AQ+ here. If we raise, TT+ reraises and we prolly fold (?), losing a decent amount of chips.

I assume curtains is counting on his opponent to not fire another barrell with a missed AQ/AK. Then he will have the information he needs to take the pot, only costing him the t125 flop call.

If Q+ hits the turn, oops. I think it may be worth that risk to not get short stacked this early.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:49 PM

What would you do if the villian bet another 125 on the turn?

Assuming it is below a J.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of asking general questions like this it would be better if you had an opinion to offer yourself. Or to put it another way, why are you asking this question?

A reasonable answer to your question would be to say that if villain bets 125 on the turn then curtains will make a decision based on the information available to him, in other words he will play poker.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of asking general questions like this it would be better if you had an opinion to offer yourself. Or to put it another way, why are you asking this question?

A reasonable answer to your question would be to say that if villain bets 125 on the turn then curtains will make a decision based on the information available to him, in other words he will play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, we have all the information available; what's the play?

I don't see why you decided to criticize someone for asking a very valid question here.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These aren't my threads. They are curtains'. He said to put up interesting hands. This one is interesting. I'd like to take part only as another person talking about curtains' train of thought, not as somebody saying whether it is right or wrong. Curtains asked me to do this and it is the least I can do for the clinic that watching these HH's is.

Personally I'd get as much in on that flop as I could, curtains disagree's...i am assuming he is right, i'd like to know why.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would depend on my feel. A bet amuont of 125 would signify weakness to me. Usually if they have a real hand they dont bet the exact same amount on the turn... Sometimes hands like this depend a bit on timing of the opponent's bet and feel and so on. If they make a relatively lazy and quick bet of 125 on the turn, you often can feel that they probably don't have that great a hand.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What do you do if an over hits on the turn and he bets 1/2 pot? what if he pushes?

What do you do if a brick hits the turn and he 1/2 pots? What if he pushes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume Curtains would fold in any of those cases without a read. He probably thinks it's very unlikely that he'll be ahead if the villain bets again.

I would prolly raise the flop, and don't know how I'd handle these turns, but I understand why he doesn't raise it. I think I may start playing the same.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flat calling doesn't give you any more information...if you think you are ahead

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat calling doesn't give your opponent any information at all either...and he may be left scratching his head on the turn. Unless he has a really strong hand he'll probably end up checking to you or making one of Harrington's "dark tunnel" bluffs