Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Poker stars micro games

I have been playing the 0,5/1 at Stars today, and it had tables with vpip around 25 and pfr 7 or something. The tables would be a mix of very tight and passive, and tight aggressive. There are no many tables to choose from for full ring and I was 5 tabling. Any advice about these games? they were not seeming very good today.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Poker stars micro games

i tore up the pokerstars .5/1 while i was clearing a bonus there, something like 8bb/100 over 2000 hands
Old 09-07-2005, 05:05 PM

My experience with Stars .5/1 full has been the same as yours. There are some fish, but there are also a fair number of competent, or at least tight, players as well. It's beatable, but not worth beating when you consider that other .5/1 games at other sites are so much easier.

The .5/1 6-max game, on the other hand, is very soft.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The .5/1 6-max game, on the other hand, is very soft.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shutuuuppp you're cutting into my hourly.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:18 PM

I just switched over from party to clear a bonus and I have not been thrilled with the table selection either. There are a few capable players who still don't understand staying away from other capable players' raises with decent, but easily foldable hands. That's a pain in the butt with AQ in early position.

After discussing it with my brother, microlimit wizard, here's how I am adjusting.

1) I make a point to play peak times and choose tables carefully.
2) I steal blinds more (by that I mean sometimes).
3) I keep track of each player's style more closely, because adding "but/and extremely bad at poker" to your description of their game is not as much of a given.
4) I play a little bit tighter than the SSH hand chart from early position - too many isolation raises- and try to isolate weak players with a raise from late position if the opportunity arises and the blinds are tight.
5) Even the second best players at the table are too loose passive in general but especially on the river and turn- I think they're too scared of bluffs and suckouts. Don't be fooled, this is a leak and you can make them pay for their craven play. Make good value bets and if you've seen a checkraise or donkbet, think hard about folding in a wimpy pot.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM

I currently play .25/.50 at Stars and the tables are surprisingly tight (I would say tighter than .50/1 at Party). Most post flop play here is terrible, but the overall preflop tightness certainly takes a bite out of the winrate. I'd love to just switch to .50/1 at Party, but I don't currently have a good BR (and I want 10k hands at .25/.50).

- thing85 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 PM

Yes ps 0,25/50 seems tighter than pp 0,5/1 for real. You can do more blind stealing there - opponents are usually tight but not very agressive.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:01 PM

Try InterPoker for .25/.5. Average pots of $10 are not uncommon. It's easy to find games with 5 or more people seeing the flop and with $6 average pots.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:55 PM

InterPoker really has 0.25/0.50 limit games? I was thinking about trying something other than PokerStars 0.25/0.50, and it looks like InterPoker has good bonuses, but the sites I've just been looking at seem to think their limit games start at $1/$2, which would be too high for my bankroll and skills.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:46 PM

It seems to me the 0.5/1 Stars games are about the equivilent of the 1/2 party games. The party beginners tables 1/2 are even softer.

As for advice, I did well over the course of 8k hands at 0.5/1 Stars by exploiting the weak tights. They say you shouldn't bluff in micro limit as a general rule... However, many people on Stars like to make "big laydowns" at that limit. Take advantage of that.