Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2003, 02:59 AM

Default For those who use Poker Tracker V2 ... ?

Hello all,
This is my first post, although I have been reading 2+2 books as well as the forum. Some of you may have seen me make some terrible plays on Party - forgive me I am learning.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

At any rate, I just purchased Poker Tracker V2 and have been noodling around with it and am very impressed. It's analysis combined with my records at pokercharts.com has seems to cover alot of statistical bases.

I am wondering, for those who use Poker Tracker V2, what information has been the most helpful/relevant to look over..? I've seen posts where people mention particular stats that are interesting, but I am wondering in a more general way, what sections have been the most informative..

Also, if there are any handy tricks you have learned by using this software, please mention them.

Thanks,
jazzcat98
Old 09-04-2003, 12:31 AM

Default Re: For those who use Poker Tracker V2 ... ?

I've only had Pokertracker a few weeks. One of the things I like is its ability to find fish. I filter out all players with 100 hands or less. Then I go to the summary page and click VP$IP so that it lists in order the loosest players in the database. Thats my fish list. Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 AM

hi jazzcat
i recently bought it too.
so far i think that the application where i can see the stats for all the players at my current table are very useful.
it helps me to get a better view on who to avoid at the table. very useful, especially when playing multiple tables.

as a relative newbie at poker, pt has also helped me to determine which hands are making me money and vice versa.
for example, i found that i loose a lot with QJo and KJo. that does not mean that those hands are overall moneyloosers but i now play them more carefully.

and on a sunny note, the amount of players playing any two cards are staggering. i have a lot of players (with 400+ hands) with a "see flop-rate" of over 60%. and a few of them have yet to discover (at least in my database) that their tactics are flaw since they are posting enormous win rates.

take care.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:34 PM

The most helpful information in the percentage of hands you are seeing the flop with by position and the percentage of times you are raising pre-flop. I think the information on the position tab is the most useful information for evaluating your own play.

If you are learning, these are the first things you should look at.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Hah! That's a great idea. Going to have to try that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].