Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 09:44 PM

Default for letstat

i didn't think this was a big mistake in the hand, i've done the workings now and i'm decided on my play, but anyhow letstat wanted it up.

BB is the donkey from the QQ hand. 50/35/3, he is very very very awful. Other villian is a bit loose and a bit aggro.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, hero ..
Old 09-08-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: for letstat

I think you played this hand well, but I was curious why you gave up the lead on the flop?

I also wanted to find out if you re-raised the river as I believe you should have.

Lastly, I'm interested to hear what other posters think.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Raise the river, your ahead more often then not.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:45 PM

I agree that you're ahead more often then not, but I disagree that you should three bet the river, especially if the button has any chance of laying down a high pocket pair.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... especially if the button has any chance of laying down a high pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. If there's anything less than 100% chance he lays down a pocket pair, why wouldn't you raise?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you played this hand well, but I was curious why you gave up the lead on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man i'm confused. You know i have Ace King high and bet the flop right? You want me to cap the flop then take it from there or?

I thought my river decision was between calling and folding, wouldn't it take some kind of insanely stupid person to raise a pocket pair on the raise?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man i'm confused. You know i have Ace King high and bet the flop right? You want me to cap the flop then take it from there or?

I thought my river decision was between calling and folding, wouldn't it take some kind of insanely stupid person to raise a pocket pair on the raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Your thinking on the river is correct. Raising here would be reckless. Your opponent sees the ace out there just as you do. Youve represented AK, and now hes raising the river. I would call on this board and hope my opponent is an idiot and my hand is good, but i would expect to be shown 77.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:08 AM

77 was my thought too.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. If there's anything less than 100% chance he lays down a pocket pair, why wouldn't you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't raise because when you are behind it costs you two bets, unless you plan on folding to a cap.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't raise because when you are behind it costs you two bets, unless you plan on folding to a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine anyone here wanting to pay off a cap. If we are crazy enough to 3 bet the river it's because he has KK QQ vs 77 AA. The river cap pretty much just shows us his hand.