Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Default I hate defending my blind (A9 vs TAG)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Villain is TAG

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-22-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: I hate defending my blind (A9 vs TAG)

3-bet preflop if you want to defend, but you didn't, so slow way down after getting 3-bet on the flop. as you played it, you can fold to the turn raise, but you really wasted bets here.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:59 PM

Tone it down a notch dude as this isn't really a good flop to get aggressive with. Had the flop been 974 I would have liked the play better but there isn't much need for all this aggression when you flop top pair aces. I normally start off by check/calling the flop and then going from there. Give him a chance to throw his money away if he has nothing since he will automatically fire away at an ace high flop.

As it all went down, folding the turn is the best move here eventhough you are getting a good price to see a river. I don't have Stove on hand, but most of your outs are to a chop so calling now and folding the river UI doesn't seem to be +EV compared to folding. The best that you could really hope for in this spot is that he has something like KQ in which case you have 8 outs. If he has A7 or AJ you have 3 to a win and 6 to a chop. This doesn't look to be enough to peek at the river since you could be drawing dead or close to it should he have AK/AQ or a set.

Brad
Old 06-22-2005, 07:02 PM

Easy three-bet preflop versus an aggressive player. It also makes the rest of the hand easier to play.

On this board since you didn't take the lead preflop, honestly I would be inclined to take a wa/wb strategy. He's probably not folding a pair no matter what you do and if he has something better than you he is going to punish you hard if you show aggression. I might take the check/call check/call bet line here.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you really wasted bets here

[/ QUOTE ]
No sh*t! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]