Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: What is wrong with the Chargers?

funk,

I'm a big fan of Eric Parker.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Chargers don't suck, but they can't be counted among the league's elite until they learn to win games like this. LT is nuts, but Michael Turner is servicable if LT should go down. They need some pass defenders too.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:43 PM

JoA,
I like him as well but after two seasons I have gotten pretty frustrated. I think he runs good routes, has pretty good hands, is quick and runs pretty well with the ball in the open field. I also like rooting for the smaller-ish recievers.

However, some games it seems like he just completely dissapears. He constantly seems like hes on the verge of a breakout game or breaking a big play but it never seems to happen. This probably has a lot to due with the fact that he is the 3rd or 4th option a lot and he has never been the focus of the O.

From purely a fan's standpoint I never feel too comfortable with the recievers although they seem to come through with a lot of first down catches when needed. I think sometimes my love for the big play reciever skews my opinion. The recievers they have do a good job in the system.

All in all, I like Parker in the offense and I think he plays his role well.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:48 PM

the entire afc west has this problem with recievers. oakland is the exception to this, but they don't count.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread on so many levels. I'm even bringing back my old avatar.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Is there anyone who believes that Marty can win a SuperBowl? It is unfathomable to me why any owner would hire him.

You could put him at the helm of the '89 49ers and he'd somehow come up with a gameplan to run the team into the ground. He builds perrenial mediocrity and is so scared of losing in the playoffs that he will never win. Ever.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM

i would only disagree with the perrenial mediocrity line of your post.

he builds perrenial 2nd & 3rd best teams. far from mediocrity, but never good enough to be remembered.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone who believes that Marty can win a SuperBowl? It is unfathomable to me why any owner would hire him.

You could put him at the helm of the '89 49ers and he'd somehow come up with a gameplan to run the team into the ground. He builds perrenial mediocrity and is so scared of losing in the playoffs that he will never win. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes just a bad coach thats very lucky. He always gets insane talent that is drafted by his GM. The problem is that with that insane talent such as the Chargers last year and this year, he can barely make the playoffs and then falls apart mentally in the playoffs.

The only way he could win, is if he had a team so stacked talent wise that no one in the league could touch him. Like what the early 90's Cowboys did. Then Marty would win.

If the Chargers want to win they need to get a decent coach. It doesnt even have to be a great coach, just a decent one. Marty is below average as a coach.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

Wow, how quickly perceptions change. Were you talking about how insane the Chargers' talent was going into to the 2004 season?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, how quickly perceptions change. Were you talking about how insane the Chargers' talent was going into to the 2004 season?

[/ QUOTE ]

LT has been around for a while.

Breese was the only surprise.