Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 04:50 PM

Default 15/30 Bellagio 88

W. Deranged's QQ hand reminded me of a similar hand that I played last week in Vegas.

Only read on Button is that he is loose.

Preflop: Two EP limpers, I limp along with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], CO and Button limp too, the SB completes, the BB raises and we all call.

Flop: (14.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet, CO calls, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, limpers fold, I call, CO calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked to the Button who bets, BB folds, I call, CO calls.

River: (14.00 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet....
Old 08-27-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Bellagio 88

I'll often fold the turn with CO to act after me. The board seems pretty raggedy so Button would have to be pretty agressive to raise this flop without the Q. I think?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:44 PM

Preflop and flop look good... I think you have just enough to take one off on the flop and hope either an 8 falls or the button takes a free card.

However, I think you have an easy muck on the turn. I think the most likely hands for the button to have here are a queen, or a straight draw. The deuce completes a straight and if he has a queen you are a huge dog. Even if you are best, you still have to dodge a decent number of river cards. If you had a read that the button is a loose raiser, then I think you played it fine, but since that was not your read I think you should have check/folded the turn.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-27-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless loose means retarded idiot, i think you have a fold on the turn.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:58 PM

im gonna go with those that say fold the turn...

the only reasonable possibilities for button on the flop are Qx/65/78/47/34 (depending how loose he is)

on the turn most people that raised the flop on a draw are taking a free card so we can throw out 78/47, and 43 his a straight...

by the river the only hand you beat is a very aggressively played OESD and 65, since you didn't say he is an aggressive player that bluffs, i think you are gonna be looking at a Q a large amount of the time, and i think you have just about 0 fold equity from a hand that is better than yours...
Old 08-27-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless loose means retarded idiot, i think you have a fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2005, 01:36 AM

I raise preflop, as you played it I'd probably see a ahowdown.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-28-2005, 01:40 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i raise pf. as you played it i fold turn.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:58 AM

Now I am not saying that this is the correct play for this hand as the read is incomplete, but I think that if you are planning to see this hand to the river you need to 3bet that flop. 3betting there really makes the rest of the hand easier to play. Example: you can fold to a 4bet (or if for metagame reasons you don't want to do that, you still can fold to the turn bet) or a raise on the turn. If your turn bet gets called, you are much more likely to have a bad queen check behind on the river, saving you a half a bet. A 3bet could get a hand like A6 to fold on the turn even though they are getting odds to see the river. If you are ahead it earns you at least one extra small bet. Also, if you take this line you could almost certainly fold to a river bet, if the turn and river are both blanks.

Ok, so do I recommend it in this hand? If it were online 15/30 then yes, as most loose players are also aggressive, and this pot is large enough to justify that risk. I doubt that the Bellagio game plays as aggressively, so in that case I would checkfold the turn.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 AM

Second pair in 6 way pot with overcard showing and straight draws. Every overcard can hurt you. Your hand is pretty likely 2 outer.

Flop is decision between check-call 1 bet and betting. Against 1-2 opponents this is clear bet, but large 6-way pot requires different approach. I do not like betting flop cause it will not protect your hand well and makes seeing turn probably more expensive. In this board and field I would like to see turn cheap. So check-call 1 bet in flop.

If flop action is soft, field is reduced and blank hits turn I would consider betting/raising turn.

The way you played this hand, turn is clear fold.