Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: dealing with loose aggressive tables

Hey Tash,
Glad to see you posted.

Those tables are a dream come true, I don't see them enough.
The variance will be severe, but I tighten up only a hair.

Play all pairs. AA-22 if there are at least 5 people seeing the flop, you are pos EV.

Suited Broadways and suited aces A2-A5. Again big payday hands in a game like this.

Suited connectors down to 56s. If they are capping with big cards, I'll take a stab with 56s. If it hits its monster.

You have to buckle up the safety harness and hang on for the ride. If your bankroll can't handle that game, call me. I'll stake you.

Just when you hit those hands, ram and jam. Charge the max, and also chase the gutshots, (You'll have odds.)

Just be prepared to bring 100 BB to that game.

Hope you took some experience away from that game.

Best of luck,

Bunky
Old 03-03-2004, 07:39 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: dealing with loose aggressive tables

If the game is really 8 way nutty, then you can beat the game just by waiting around for big pairs. I would also play AKs, AKo, AQs. The problem is that your variance will be crazy.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Conflict - is Sklansky wrong?

1) Thank you to everyone who replied...

2)We seem to have some disagreement here about how tight I should play. According to Sklansky, my standards should be uber-high (Axs down to AJ and AA-JJ; that's it) ; on the other hand, most of you seem to advocate a sort of a Lee Jones(?) strategy allowing all sorts of lower drawing hands and PPs.

Can anyone argue, definitely, against either side?

I'm leaning towards Sklansky, but I'm biased; plus, it didn't work for me.

3) I think we can all agree that the variance at this table would be absurd even with Sklansky-esque play. I should not
have sat without 100 big blinds (I lost about 50 and left in utter disgust, mostly questioning my playing, while my friends, understandably, raised their eyebrows after hearing about the size of the loss)

4) Publo, I don't think you can compare playing AQo in a loose NL to loose limit; in NL you can always destroy odds to draw on the flop if you hit either card and think you're good. If they want to draw against you without odds, let them, in fact, stack them; you're making money. The problem with this table was that you couldn't destroy the odds after the pot built pre flop. Hence you could not protect a strong but vulnerable hand.

5) Bunky, you may be receiving a call at some point. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

- Flushed