Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Playing AK in Rebuy Tourneys

I was playing in the PS $11R, 25K guaranteed today and came across two scenarios one with AKs and one with AKo.

First off, do you go all in with these hands in a rebuy tourney during the rebuy period no matter what?

I had about 7000 in chips and it was about 40 minutes into rebuy period, I had someone go all in for about 3000 and then 1 caller who had about 2000 more in chips after the call. I opted to fold given all the action in front of me.

The second hand I was utg with AKo and chose to just limp given the fact people were raising all over the place with any pair or two face cards at times. There were 4 or 5 to the flop.

FLOP=5dJcAd

SB and BB just min bet on flop for 200, I raised to 750 the guy next to me who would go all in with nothing special went all in for 2900. all fold to BB who calls. The big blind had 2600 more chips and I felt that I would need to go all in if I played. I thought at least one of them had two pair, but after the BB called I folded.

needless to say I was very bummed when all-in guy showed QJo and the BB showed a donkey J5o hand.

In hindsight I know I would have one, but my question is do you just go all in regardless of the action in front of you during rebuy period?

I tried to play my normal game and take advantage when I have decent hands, which kept me in the middle of the pack through the add-on period.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Playing AK in Rebuy Tourneys

so by the non response should I take that to mean, absolutely call any all in with AK in a rebuy during the rebuy period?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Playing AK in Rebuy Tourneys

If you play the rebuy tournaments, you must be ready to accumulate chips / loose it all on one hand. I would have called both all-in or raised all-in. Players play anyhand iin the rebuy period.

P.S. On time, I had AA 2 times in the rbuy period and went all-in with 3 players 1st time and 2 players first time (and won both) so had over 20k, so I slowed down.

PbDrunks moved to our table with 10 mins to go. He went all-in with nothing 200k stack and lost, did a rebuy, went all-in won, all-in again won, all-in again and won, lost 2 small all-in and went all-in with k-9 against AK and won and was at 15000 at the break without having a good hand. Lot of players do that (not that fast) but over the 1 hour period. They decide to go with a hand and no-matter what they go all-in so AK TPTK, overpair are STRONG.

Be ready to rebuy once or twice and add-on (10$ rebuy = 50$ tourney)