Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is it?
I'm looking for a Bayesian girlfriend 18 19.35%
I own the T-shirt 2 2.15%
Sad 61 65.59%
Cool 12 12.90%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2005, 06:30 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: Contest

I like marginal hand better. Mainly because i need to post more hands and i don't think i will win the analysis one.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:47 PM

Let's just do a good ole fashioned random number draw. That way I have a chance [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Best Analysis gets the $100, and the hand that provoked it gets the $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting idea. It combines the two, effectively. I also fail to see how $100+$50 = $350, but maybe that will be worked out later.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about Best Analysis gets the $100, and the hand that provoked it gets the $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting idea. It combines the two, effectively. I also fail to see how $100+$50 = $350, but maybe that will be worked out later.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea seems interesting, but I feel it is a waste of my money. The contest is supposed to encourage people to post better, yet the winner who merely posts a hand isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

The reason the money doesn't add up to $350 is cuz there will be another contest or two after this one. I wanted to get maximum value outa my money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-11-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea seems interesting, but I feel it is a waste of my money. The contest is supposed to encourage people to post better, yet the winner who merely posts a hand isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

One could argue that posting a hand requiring a great analysis is more difficult than the analysis itself.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One could argue that posting a hand requiring a great analysis is more difficult than the analysis itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm always trying to find marginal and interesting hands to post. However, I'm pretty bad at it, because most of my hand posts are pretty boring or easy.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:47 PM

Personally I like the Most Marginal Hand idea the best. I usually find that I learn the most off hands that are very marginal and can go either way. This would also give me another incentive to try and dig up some of my marginal hands.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:50 PM

I like the 100/50 split idea

Spicy : pretty cool how this turned out. I hope you don't hate me for ratting you out.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Spicy : pretty cool how this turned out. I hope you don't hate me for ratting you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, all is forgiven. I just feel sad for you, as you must have been watching that page for hours on end, hitting refresh every couple of seconds, and had your finger on the print screen button. Either that or you must be psychic.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, all is forgiven. I just feel sad for you, as you must have been watching that page for hours on end, hitting refresh every couple of seconds, and had your finger on the print screen button. Either that or you must be psychic.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this happen anyways? Is there a way that you can see which users are browsing which forum?