Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:42 PM

Default HUSH Digest

I can't respond to the digest, so I guess I will make a new post...

I like the idea of a MUSH digest, and as Wynton pointed out, I think this could easily be integrated into the SHUSH one. This will make MUSH readers more likely to be involved in the SHUSH forum at least occasionally, as well as point SHUSHers to some of the good MUSH threads. I personally will be trying to read all of the SHUSH digest threads, and responding to them.

I think around 5 or so is a good number for the amount of MUSH threads that should be in the digest.

Let me know what you think,
Spicymoose
Old 12-07-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: HUSH Digest

i definitely think we should add a few MHHUSH posts into our digest - it's a good way for us to up our learning quota.

I got a pm from the metetron pointing out that the MHHUSH thread i put in this week was incoherently answered, so maybe getting a few lauded posts in would help this.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:49 PM

I also think we should stop calling the forums MHHUSH and SSHUSH, and just stick to good old MUSH and SHUSH. Who cares if the acronyms are wrong, they sound better!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:51 PM

This is a good idea. I apologize for having to lock the digest thread, but that's 2+2 policy. All stickied threads must be locked. Technically, I should delete all the replies, but there isn't really anything there except thanks to Peter, and he deserves every word of it. Thus, I left them.

As for including MUSH links, I think that's a solid idea to include 3-5 in our digest. We'll need people who regularly read MUSH to submit links. I'm kind of spread thin myself, so I won't have much opportunity. OTOH, this means that I'd be more appreciative of seeing it happen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Does MUSH even have a digest? It doesn't look like they do. If we're putting some of their links in our digest, that definitely encourages inter-forum discussion when people know where to find the best of both.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think we should stop calling the forums MHHUSH and SSHUSH, and just stick to good old MUSH and SHUSH. Who cares if the acronyms are wrong, they sound better!

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically, it's MHSH and SSSH. The latter is at least pronouncable, but the former really isn't. Personally, though, Entity and I were campaigning for MUSH and LUSH ("Low"), but that never caught on.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:56 PM

I am proud to take credit for originating the idea of calling the places MUSH and SHUSH.

Maybe if someone else had pushed for it, it would have caught on.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am proud to take credit for originating the idea of calling the places MUSH and SHUSH.

Maybe if someone else had pushed for it, it would have caught on.

[/ QUOTE ]

We gotta just keep pushing! We can do it.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM

You get some credit, but SHUSH and MUSH were both being used in the mod forum when the forum split was just a twinkle in Chuck Weinstock's eye.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You get some credit, but SHUSH and MUSH were both being used in the mod forum when the forum split was just a twinkle in Chuck Weinstock's eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mess with me, my wife's an intellectual property lawyer.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:10 PM

Dude, you got to provide fair warning to this board before anyone risk tangling with the most destructive force in the universe. Should I make a sticky?