Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you, or have you been, a member of MENSA?
Yes. 16 13.01%
No. 107 86.99%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2005, 04:49 AM

Default is this wrong??

today my boss took me in the back and told me that i have done a major sin to the store. At that moment i thought back at all the things i did wrong and nothing came to mind. So she told me....

She said, "I heard from a credible source that you have been telling people to buy cigarettes from the next door store because they are cheaper. This is wrong and i feel like you betrayed the store".

anyways i just nodded and agreed that it was wrong. I said i would never do this again. But i really believe that i did not commit a major sin and that i was just looking out for the own good of the customer. Some customers are broke ass and cant afford things so i tell them its cheaper to buy these next door.. My boss is a nice person but i dont see anything wrong with what i did and im sticking by that even tho i dont want to argue my point.

what do you think?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: is this wrong??

Those who said this is wrong can you tell me why you believe it is?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:03 AM

What do they pay you and do you get days off when you want them? Very crucial information.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:08 AM

You are wrong in doing this simply becuase you represent that particular store. You are a mascot and have the obligation of promoting and assuring the success of the store. That is your job. I do see your argument, however, if you were the boss you would be upset at your employee as well. It's simply wrong.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do they pay you and do you get days off when you want them? Very crucial information.

[/ QUOTE ]
i get paid 8$ an hour around 5$ after tax medical. ect
i get 5 days off a year. and they make me work 15 days in a row from time to time.. other than that my job is cruz
*in retrospect i get $hit* but everyone at the job is cool

is my store pwning me or do you think im wrong?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong in doing this simply becuase you represent that particular store. You are a mascot and have the obligation of promoting and assuring the success of the store. That is your job. I do see your argument, however, if you were the boss you would be upset at your employee as well. It's simply wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

our store has a creed. 1. 1) We believe that faith in God gives us strength and stability.

Our leaders are christians and we are run by christian values.. Its morally wrong to be dishonest and keep things from others. I think i was displaying good christian values by being honest and thinking about the customers well being..

maybe im just talking out of my @ss but is this an argument?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:19 AM

and i cant be harming the store if " our faith in God brings us stability."
Old 06-27-2005, 05:23 AM

I've been in this situation before, loyalty to those that pay your wage (via inflated prices) or good ol' fashioned honest advice ... what a dilemma!

I'm proud to say I always took the honest route for two reasons:

1) I can't miss an opportunity to help people.
2) Hated my f'n job.

In hindsight, your boss is probably right, it probably is a "sin" against him and the store, and since you said he was a nice guy, he probably has the prices like that because he can't afford to lower them.

So what do you do?

Easy, quit work, play poker, sleep to noon!

Think about it, your current situation is a catch 22, wheras if you tell the truth you are a traitor, withold it and you become apathetic.

Retail sucks dude, get out while you have a soul left. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

our store has a creed. 1. 1) We believe that faith in God gives us strength and stability.

Our leaders are christians and we are run by christian values.. Its morally wrong to be dishonest and keep things from others. I think i was displaying good christian values by being honest and thinking about the customers well being..

maybe im just talking out of my @ss but is this an argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the sounds of your boss/work environment, I don't think you need to worry about logic getting in the way of an argument.

Also, if referring customers of a Good Christian store next door for lower prices is a Major Sin, I'd like to see how things like rape and murder get classified. :P
Old 06-27-2005, 07:03 AM

I don't think what you are doing is morally wrong. However, it is not in the best interest of the store, and therefore a legitimate reason for your boss to fire you.