Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Minimizing/closing Party windows freezes my computer

I have a brand new Dell 9200 1.8 Pentium M, 500MB RAM. Whenever I run Party or Empire and close or minimize any Party/Empire window (like lobby or table or hand history or even player notes), the entire system freezes for 5 to 30 seconds. Even the Task Manager freezes. I can unfreeze the box by hitting Function-F2, which turns off the wireless card, so it seems like it's related to some network activity. If I use the 10/100 port instead of the wireless, I still have the problem, even when the wireless is off.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I don't have the problem with any other apps or poker sites.

Thanks,
Ritmo
Old 02-09-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Minimizing/closing Party windows freezes my computer

I have noticed some delay (10 secs. to several minutes) in the Empire/Party splash screen going away when closing the software. It consumes a ton of CPU useage, but does not make my computer lockup, just slows it down a LOT. This was discussed a month or so ago, and Stellarwind suggested that it was related to the size of the player notes file for the site. This seems to make sense as I rarely have a problem with PokerNow hanging and I don't have a large notes files there - usually only play bonuses there. When I do experience a delay, I am able to immediately close the program using Task Manager.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Minimizing/closing Party windows freezes my computer

Thanks for the info. I just installed Empire on this computer, so I have no notes. Must be something else. If this problem isn't sounding familiar to anyone else on here, then it must be something specific to my computer. I'll keep looking.