Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Best Vegas Daily NLHE Tourneys?

Going to vegas in late February. I'd like to play in some daily NLHE tourneys. I'm looking for buyins comparable to the $70 buyin tourney at Binion's.

Where do you like?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Best Vegas Daily NLHE Tourneys?

Mandalay Bay has a NL holdem tourney Monday-Thursday (maybe M-W, I'm not sure) for $60. Its capped at 30 people and the top 6 pay. I believe it starts in mid- to late-afternoon (4 or 5) and registration starts 2 hours before that. I played it twice when I was there and found it very soft.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Plaza has 4 tourneys per day, all NLHE. Noon, four, eight, midnight. I think they're $50 with one add-on? I could be wrong, but they have a much better structure, less juice, and no "hostage" on part of prize pool as an additional drawing hours after the tourney, which is the new scam that Binion's has offered up to rip off players even further.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 05:48 PM

and no "hostage" on part of prize pool

I'm not hip to this lingo. Can you please explain what this means? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 05:59 PM

Harrahs has a daily $40 NLHE tournament at 11am. They cap it at 50 people. You should probably sign up by 9am to ensure a place in the tourney. I played it last Friday and it was a lot of fun. They paid the top 4 finishers (they only had 40 players that day) and I came in 5th [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 06:14 PM

I was in Vegas for a week in December and wrote up my experiences in this post which includes commentary on Binion's, Sahara, Plaza and Harrah's tourneys.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:15 PM

Orleans has the best-run small buy-in tourneys, two a day, most of which are NLHE.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:40 PM

I've played in the Sahara $40+20 rebuy and u can buy in as a new player anytime during the 1st hour if you bust, came in 5th out of 91 people, ienjoyed it alot i played literally maybe 5 hands. I also played a tournament at the plaza $60 + $ 50 rebuy it was all locals and i got my arse taken.The Orleans has good tournies during the week, but on the weekend the buyin goes drastically up.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 PM

Harrahs tournaments are awful!...something like 30 dollars for 1k chips, 10 dollars for 500 more (no brainer right?) and then 5 dollar rake but then you realize that the 10 dollar addon doesnt go to the prize pool at all so its really a 25+15 +40 dollar rebuy tournament...which if youre clever you can take before you even sit down and start w/ 3k in chips...I stayed there for 4 days recently and decided the 1-2 NL was way more +EV.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:49 PM

Any idea what kind of juice Orleans takes from the Buy-in? I just hate it when they try to hide the entries and combine it with the buy-in.