Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 07:26 AM

Default 4 PLO8 hands up for reviewing

Hi all. Here a 4 new hands if anyone is up fore some reviewing.

HAND NO1
Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.50 BB (9 handed)

MP1 ($12.25)
MP2 ($19.12)
MP3 ($28.85)
CO ($40.77)
Button ($77.89)
Hero ($24.50)
BB ($23.50)
UTG ($22.79)
UTG+1 ($43.18)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $1</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($7) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $3, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $12.35</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $15.12 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $2.77.

River: ($43.24) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $43.24

Comments:
Is this a good hand to be free-rolling whit on the turn or shuld i have sloved down?

HAND NO2
Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.50 BB (9 handed)

UTG ($34.42)
UTG+1 ($4.89)
MP1 ($16.90)
MP2 ($78.32)
MP3 ($19)
CO ($37.98)
Button ($10.45)
Hero ($24.50)
BB ($15.81)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($2) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets $1.9</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.90.

River: ($5.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $5.80

Comments:
I don’t know abut this hand maybe it should be a clear fold whit tree to a flush and all I have is a straight whit a nut low whit protection.

HAND3:
Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.50 BB (7 handed)

CO ($9.79)
Button ($4.65)
SB ($68.60)
BB ($24)
UTG ($8.26)
Hero ($25)
MP2 ($63.43)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $3.5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, Button calls $1.15 (All-In).

Flop: ($10.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($10.90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($10.90) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $10.90

Comments:
I really feel I played this hand good.

HAND NO4
Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.50 BB (10 handed)

SB ($23)
BB ($78.69)
Hero ($24.50)
UTG+1 ($44.96)
UTG+2 ($24)
MP1 ($48.58)
MP2 ($14)
MP3 ($16.52)
CO ($75.50)
Button ($32)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO folds, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $2.85</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.85, MP3 calls $2.85, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($11.55) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $11</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls $11.

River: ($33.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $2.17 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.17.

Final Pot: $37.89

Comments:
Should I have played this to the end?

In general I feel like I’m playing my PLO8 game to tight. When I look at the hand re-plays of my hands I fold a lot of winners in one direction. I only try to play hand that can win at least 3/4 of the pot. But this strategy don’t make me any profit so fare (well I have only bin playing 7h) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Should I continue folding my one way winners when I have no good shot fore the other direction or should I loosen up my play? Remember I play the 25$ PL at party where the game is extremely loose.

Best regards Fredrik
Old 08-26-2004, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 4 PLO8 hands up for reviewing

Hand #1: you have a wheel and draw to nut high, you definately played this right- even if you miss the flush draw you probably get your money back, but if it hits you are looking at 3/4 of the pot.

Hand #2: on the flop you have uncounterfeitable low draw with inside straight draw and backdoor flush potential. im betting the pot on the flop here. Betting the pot probably narrows the field too which you want.
After the turn you have a 6 high straight (with flush possible) and nut low. The BB bets. My thinking here would be that either
1)he has a baby flush, and your nut low is good. if this is the case id raise the size of the pot and then pot bet the river. Baby flushes arent very good, and a good player would probably give it up. If he doesn't give it up you get your money back. The key is put him to a decision for all of his chips.
2)he has a wheel. If he has A2 then you are likely to get 3/4 of the pot because of your 6 high straight. again raise the size of the pot, and bet the pot on the river.
3)he has a wheel AND a flush. this is possible, however it is very unlikely. if he had this hand he would have certainly bet the flop.
Summary - Don't be so scared to get quartered. It's a heads up pot on the turn, and you have the nut low (and a decent high hand). You should be very aggressive here. It would be a mistake for him to call you down with just nut low and nothing for high, however most players at that level will not throw away nut low ever- you should take advantage of that here

Hand #3- you have Kd 6s As Ah and you raise preflop. Your hand isnt that good, however if you can narrow it to heads up it will win about 60% over a random hand with decent low potential. Once you got it to heads up and you got reraised I would go ahead and put him in as well cause he probably has either a high pair in his hand or A2 and you are ahead of both of those.
summary: I dont agree with the raise, but it wasnt blatantly bad either. After that you played the hand fine.

Hand #4: you fold straight/nut low on the turn when a flush hits. It is pot bet by one player and called. I'm calling here and on the river. Your nut low cant be counterfeited. Probably one of them has the flush, but you have nut low, and its 3 ways, so if you get quartered you get 50/4 or $12.50 back for a net loss of $4.02. Folding the turn gives you a net loss of $3.35. It's an easy play to risk $.67 for a what is probably half (or more) of the pot ($8+ win).

Lessons: If you are heads up and have nut low and a decent high (2 pair or more, or a 6 high straight with a wheel) dont be so worried about getting quartered. It is much more likely that you get 3/4 of the pot, and you should be jamming the pot.
Also if it is heads up and you have nut low and no high whatsoever (no pair, or no draw), you should be very cautious and consider folding to massive bets, esp if your investment in the pot is small

When it is 3 handed don't worry about getting quartered at all, if you do you wont lose very much at all, and its very possible you will get 50% of the pot. In your case you had a straight which could also win high if both other players were just playing A2 as well.

Uncounterfeitable nut low draws are huge draws and should be played more aggressively.

Don't always be afraid of nut/nut. yeah you will end up getting quartered sometimes, but if you never get quartered you are playing too tight.

hope this helps

BBatov
Old 08-26-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 4 PLO8 hands up for reviewing

Hi Fredrik -
hand #1
Three points for you to consider:
• MP2 has position on you.
• The 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn is not a good card for you but might be a good card for your opponent.
• If MP2 bets $13 this round, and if you call, assuming MP2 has a wheel plus a six-high straight, you won't get paid proper odds on the river if you do make your spade flush.

Two questions for you to answer for yourself:
• What cards does MP2 need to call the $3 on the flop?
• If you don't bet, and if MP2 bets $13, will you call the $13?

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a good hand to be free-rolling with on the turn or shuld i have slowed down?

[/ QUOTE ]

All things considered, I think I'd check the turn and see what MP2 does. If MP2 then bets $13, you'll have a tough decision. (if you knew MP2 had the wheel plus a six high straight, a fold would be the proper play - but MP2 could either also have just a wheel or be bluffing).

I don't see any way out of the trap in which you're caught.

hand #2

Too bad you didn't have this flop and turn for hand #1.

When BB bets the $1.90 on the third betting round, you can't really tell whether BB has a nut low or not - and you don't even know if BB has the spade flush or not.

I like your check on the turn and subsequent call. Since you're out of position, there's not much you can do.

On the river you're still out of position. I like your check on the river. When BB checks behind you, you obviously wished you had bet, but you were out of position to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
Comments:
I don’t know abut this hand maybe it should be a clear fold with three to a flush and all I have is a straight with a nut low with protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you played it.

hand #3

Couldn't you have raised to $3.75 before the flop?

Then when Button raises to $3.50 and everybody else folds, what is the point of putting Button all-in? You raised to either (1) take the pot or (2) get one-on-one with an opponent. Since your objective in raising has been accomplished, why not see the flop before deciding what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
Comments:
I really feel I played this hand good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you did play the hand well.

I would have raised the maximum ($3.75 or whatever) when the action first got to me on the first betting round. But, having failed to do that, and ending up one-on-one with a small stack, I would just call the re-raise, rather than re-re-raising the second time the action got to me on the first betting round.

hand #4

Wow! What a stressful game pot limit Omaha-8 is! I fell stressed just sitting here trying to decide what I'd do if I were in your shoes. How can this game be any fun to play? Wow!

At any rate, this time after the turn you're facing an $11 bet after yet another unfavorable turn. (Do you ever get a favorable turn??) And there is a player who has already checked who will act after you. Thus you're out of position again.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have played this to the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do call the $11 bet, MP3 only has $2 left. UTG+1 has enough to force you to put your last $10 into the pot, but MP3 doesn't.

You don't know what UTG+1 will do if you call. UTG+1 could fold, over-call, or raise.

If you call, UTG+1 folds, and MP3 goes all-in on the fourth betting round, you might scoop (win $24.50), get 3/4 (win $15), get half (win $5.75), or get quartered (lose $3.75).

MP3 could be bluffing here. Probably not, but possibly. (This would seem a reasonable spot for MP3 to try a bluff). Or MP3 could easily be betting the nuts for high, or even low. Assuming UTG+1 folds, you're more likely, I think, to get 1/2 or 3/4 than 1/4.

Since the worst that can happen to you is you'll lose $3.75 if you only get 1/4, (assuming if you call UTG+1 will fold), looks like you should call.

But what if UTG+1 calls behind you? In that case, it would really look like you're headed for 1/4. But, if 1/4, you only lose about $0.37. Even getting sixthed, you only lose something in the neighborhood of $4.60. But worrying about getting sixthed here is bordering on worrying about the monster under the bed.

What if UTG+1 comes in for a raise (the second step of a check-raise) after you call? That's definitely worrying about the monster under the bed. If you're going to worry about the monster under the bed, then I don't think you should play this game.

Bottom line: You should have called the $11 bet from MP3.

Just my opinion.

Buzz