Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2003, 05:56 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Oh Yea? Call this.........

Muckleshoot 4/8 9 handed started as a weak tight game, more rocks than a cement company, but eventually turned into a thing of beauty.

UTG with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I limp, 7 limp behind me.

Flop(8sb) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checks to the button(decent) who bets, I slide one off, Loose weak EP player calls, CO(solid) calls.

Turn(6bb): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, EP bets, CO raises, Button 3 bets

Your Move?
Old 07-26-2003, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Oh Yea? Call this.........

Slavic,

I'm inclined to fold in this spot. Depending on the action after you, you're probably getting between 5.33-1 and 6-1 on you're call.

OK, someone has the nut straight and someone has at least two pair. I'm assuming you're down to 9 outs for your flush and probably splitting with a King hitting the board.

Bottom line: I'm thinking that I'm just barely getting odds to call here and if the board pairs on the river I could be in trouble. Combine this with a possible 4-bet on the turn and I'm folding.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:01 AM

You'll only be getting 4:1 if you call. You can't count on the Kd or Td as outs, so you probably only have 7 outs or needing 6:1 odds. I think I'm folding here.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:22 AM

You'll only be getting 4:1 if you call. You can't count on the Kd or Td as outs, so you probably only have 7 outs or needing 6:1 odds. I think I'm folding here.

Uh... any K gives him the nuts, and the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] gives him the nut flush, so I think I'd go ahead and count that one as an out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] This is an easy call.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:28 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default what the hell!?!

i cant believe how many responses are saying to fold this. actually, i cant believe any responses are saying this.

this is an EASY CALL people!!!

if you really think youre making a strong case for folding, please, oh PLEASE!!! get in my game.

im sure MK will fully agree.

oh, and have a nice day

b
Old 07-26-2003, 04:41 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: what the hell!?!

bernie

Thanks for posting this, because the reason I posted the hand was not that I had any concern about making the call, I was stuck with should I raise? CO and Button have to have at least a redraw to the broadway straight, they will call if I cap, but EP is the wild card. He may call two cold but will he call three? I'm sure I'm the only broadway draw who is free wheeling to the flush, and if I'm confident EP calls I should cap it. I let it pass and after EP called the two cold I was praying that the CO capped it.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:52 PM

Nah.. I don't think I would 4-bet. I think you want EP to call.. because you are probably chopping already with at least the CO if a non-diamond K comes, so if EP has a stiff Jack, it's not as attractive to push him out.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:59 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

when you know your likely behind and have a draw, it's a matter of how many opponents are in compared to your likely odds of hitting your hand. opponents to you compared to youre odds of hitting. and remember to discount some of the outs you may not have. (they have to be in with something to withstand all the pressure being put on, or have something to be jamming with you) if you have more opponents than youre odds of hitting, then betting/raising is +EV. i dont see that being the case here, so id prefer seeing the river by calling. i wouldnt mind them only calling the 3 bet at this point. im figuring im, at best, even money for every bet going in on this betting round. meaning, youre losing value a little with every extra bet you put in here. not alot, but enough that i dont care to see more action on this betting round.

b
Old 07-27-2003, 07:51 AM

With the betting that took place I was putting the Kd in someones hand already. That is why I questioned it being counted as an out. Guess those monsters got me. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:46 AM

You should also notice from the results that the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was a clean out as well (as it usually will be).