Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-12-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: OKOK

Dude, I'm not sure why your upset. I read above that you'd be willing to be up to $100. I interpreted that at the time, you didn't want to bet more than $100 total besides what you had already bet against Adanthar. Now that I've read this post, I can see how you might have meant that you'd bet up to $100 with whoever wanted action. The fact is, it wasn't clear at least to me. If you don't want people taking bets against Adanthar, fine. I won't.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: **Official ADANTHAR $1k MiniStep Challenge**

[ QUOTE ]

2) Log onto Party, pull up the list of mini step 1s, look at number of players left, and the level.

Adanthar will have far more than 6 shots at getting to step 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I logged on. Wow!

I think that if he gave up some edges early on in step 1s, he may actually have hundreds of chances to make this work.

My money says he does it.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) Log onto Party, pull up the list of mini step 1s, look at number of players left, and the level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I logged on. Wow!

I think that if he gave up some edges early on in step 1s, he may actually have hundreds of chances to make this work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity eric, how often, if he "gives up some small edges early", do you think he will bust (6-10 place) in step 1, and how often do you think he will win (to advance to step 2)?
Old 11-12-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I logged on. Wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity eric, how often, if he "gives up some small edges early", do you think he will bust (6-10 place) in step 1, and how often do you think he will win (to advance to step 2)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say he wins 1/10 of the time and loses 1/100 of the time :P.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Let's say he wins 1/10 of the time and loses 1/100 of the time :P.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Sidebets

Lots of time to get to the top. Buy in at atleast level 2 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] good luck
Old 11-12-2005, 04:40 PM

mainly step 5, but i have seen some at 4 and even 3.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:39 PM

Bump with hopes of an update.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult to say without more research. I did log on to play a few of these to try out a theory. I played 6 tourneys just to get a feel for them (I'm not willing to play enough to get a decent sample size) and by checking the "post and fold" until 6 left, I never finished 7-10 and finished 6th once. I had an average stack of around 450-500 when 7th place busted. I didn't win any, but I did put myself in chip position (1400+ chips) to compete for 1st place three times.

Without more research I'd estimate a strong player would win somewhere between 1/10 to 1/12 after folding all hands till final 6 players while busting out very rarely (maybe 1/50). That player would finish 6th some of the time (say 1/6) but three 6th places only counts for one bust since 6th pays $4 which could be used for 2/3 of an entry.

I'm not motivated enough right now to do the math to see what all that means, but I have no doubt this would result in a grossly low hourly earnings but hourly rate is not what is in question here.

I assume you have done quite a bit of research on this in order to accept this bet and I'd love to see your estimates after the challenge is over. I'm sure Adanthar has done his own research too. That is what makes it very interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 03:05 AM

Hey Everett are you still taking sidebets? $75 says Adanthar makes it into ministep 5. PM me to work out the details about money transfer.

Joseph