Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Oy.... I\'m going to get so pwned for this... Costa Rica Questions

[ QUOTE ]
Truly, it is better to be a big fish in a small pond than just another fish in the ocean.

I was travelling Eastern Europe this summer. I was in southern Ukraine with by far the most shockingly beautiful girls in the world (Odessa, Nikolaev). And most of the young people speak English.

Looking around, I discovered that I could rent an apartment for as low as $100 a month and everything else was 1/3 our price or lower (bottles of coke $.25). The average wage there is like $2000 a year, so if you can pull off $10000 online, you are living like a King baby. But the real reason to go is the girls. You can date a different model quality girl for every day of the week. The nightclubs are awesome too. Unfcukingbelievable. I can hardly wait to go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh peter.

most people will never bother to listen to you though, mostly because they are big pussies.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Oy.... I\'m going to get so pwned for this... Costa Rica Questions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Truly, it is better to be a big fish in a small pond than just another fish in the ocean.

I was travelling Eastern Europe this summer. I was in southern Ukraine with by far the most shockingly beautiful girls in the world (Odessa, Nikolaev). And most of the young people speak English.

Looking around, I discovered that I could rent an apartment for as low as $100 a month and everything else was 1/3 our price or lower (bottles of coke $.25). The average wage there is like $2000 a year, so if you can pull off $10000 online, you are living like a King baby. But the real reason to go is the girls. You can date a different model quality girl for every day of the week. The nightclubs are awesome too. Unfcukingbelievable. I can hardly wait to go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh peter.

most people will never bother to listen to you though, mostly because they are big pussies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from low cost of food, etc. etc, SOME things (i.e. probably electronic goods and other goods produced by western companies) will probably be pretty close to the same prices. This is a guess; I have no experience in this regard.

But the things that really make living in a second-third world shine for me is low cost of services. If you want your laundry done: it's cheap. If you want restaurant food: probably cheap. If you want to learn to play guitar/piano: cheap (though the instrument may be expensive if you want a foreign brand). Tailoring: cheap... language instruction: cheap... you get my point.

Basically for me, one of the points of going to another country would be that hopefully it would eventually free up a lot of my time, due to the low prices of services in the area, or at the very least it would effectively increase my wealth.

This is in addition to all the other benefits of travel, of course.

--Dave.