Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Lost with A9s

[ QUOTE ]
if josh hadnt mentioned it, i highly doubt folding the flop would have ever been brought up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! Why isn't everyone following me? I actually gave reasons to fold the flop.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it cap or fold? Equity on this flop is [censored] even when we are best. I like calling flop and leading a good turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm only continuing this hand if the 3 bettor's a complete retard. It's also easier for me to dump my hand on the turn (if need be) if I've defined it on the flop. If you're in a position where you don't want to spend that extra SB getting at least a 2:1 return then I don't see why you'd want to put 1BB in to go past the flop when you're not even closing the action in the first place. The pot needs to be pretty massive before you start doing stuff like that.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:18 AM

This is a really tough hand. I tried to find a fold before the river but I can't bring myself to it until the time that you did.

One suggestion for the turn is to simply lead out; see how BB reacts to it plus the rest of the field. Are they "tamed" by the ace and/or three-flush (the latter being extremely common for 3/6)? Fold to a raise.

I posted the above on the other thread.

To respond to the current posts:

Can we fold this flop:

1.) When we have no read on UTG yet -- could easily be pumping a draw which is extremely common at 3/6 and just as easily betting just about any card on that flop + less (assuming he's the avg. 3/6 player).

2.) When BB's cap could still mean a lot of things here. If we decide based purely upon stats then yeah, it doesn't look good. I need more information before I lay this down on teh flop though. If I don't have a read from observation, then I take the line I suggest on the turn and go from there.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One suggestion for the turn is to simply lead out; see how BB reacts to it plus the rest of the field. Are they "tamed" by the ace and/or three-flush (the latter being extremely common for 3/6)? Fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fold to a raise getting 15-1 here. You have 4 outs to a full unless he has 99.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:09 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have to fold when these players make it two back to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
all u guys keep sayng this, but folding there looks quite horrible.

if josh hadnt mentioned it, i highly doubt folding the flop would have ever been brought up.

personally, i cap the flop every time. if you give up the lead here bad things can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

but its 3/6. at 30/60 yes. at 3/6 with a passive guy in there i think you are either beat or if not, have like 1/3 pot equity with horrible reverse implied odds
Old 11-23-2005, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Before I posted this, one player suggested I bet the turn in an effort to get BB to raise and clear up low spade draws. One problem I see with this is that usually when BB raises, I'm drawing very slim.

Another player recommended I check the turn, then when everyone else simply calls BB's bet, I should raise for value.

I'm glad this hand generated so many different opinions, since I felt very confused throughout the whole hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]