Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Poker on Resume....the real reason for asking

I work for an electronic trading company. When I interview people, I am always on the lookout for people with good poker skills. (Emphasis on "good").

IMHO, there are many similarities between poker and trading. Understanding EV and stochastic processes are skills I highly value.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Poker on Resume....the real reason for asking

when i was interviewing for management consulting firms, i did not include poker on my resume but i made sure to always throw it in the interview when people asked what i did with my time. first, it's just plain honesty since i spend 80% of my free time playing poker.

second of all, there are many similarities betweent the jobs and i have received quite positive reactions. in fact, in one interview, my interviewer was also a poker player and we literally spent the entirety of the 30 minutes (this was not the case interview section) just talking about poker, which went over extremely well as i was relaxed and on home turf.

p.s. i got a few very nice offers despite my "stupidity" of talking about poker. maybe i'm just that good.