Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Illegal Immigrants

First politics post, here it goes. I have no problems with immigrants, but icant help but feel angry at illegal ones. Obviously there may be complications with immigrating legally, but i feel like the term illegal doesnt mean anything anymore. I want America to be the country to be in, but i want everyone here to be citizens, not moochers. (was that racist?) [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Are there programs that help out illegal immigrants? And doesnt this just make the problem worse? I am not really educated on the subject, so feel free to correct me. Just looking for some answers.

egocide

please dont use this post as an excuse to make a degrading remarks. I guess theres been some sort of problem with that lately
Old 08-29-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Illegal Immigrants

Don't blame the player; blame the game.

-ptmusic
Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First politics post, here it goes. I have no problems with immigrants, but icant help but feel angry at illegal ones. Obviously there may be complications with immigrating legally, but i feel like the term illegal doesnt mean anything anymore. I want America to be the country to be in, but i want everyone here to be citizens, not moochers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is illegal immigration bad? Just because some authority figure said so? If you have a problem with moochers, that's one thing, but I don't see any evidence that an illegal immigrant is necessarily a moocher.

What about citizen moochers?

It seems like it's just the term "illegal" that's bothering you, not the particulars of the situation.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:02 AM

Your anger is misdirected. Illegal immigrants come here because American business owners willingly hire them.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want America to be the country to be in, but i want everyone here to be citizens, not moochers. (was that racist?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your wrong if you believe once they enter the states it's a bed of roses and a leisurely trip to welfare is their first priority.

[ QUOTE ]
Are there programs that help out illegal immigrants?

[/ QUOTE ]

These programs exist because illegal immagrants are abused. They have few rights and this is exploited by the various industries which have an interest in a ready stable of cheap and desperate labor.

[ QUOTE ]
And doesnt this just make the problem worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The demand for cheap labor and the perception/reality that their life will improve in the US are the main reasons for immigration, not because some charitable organisation takes them thru a form which in some cases allows them to stay whilst their status is being processed.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not really educated on the subject, so feel free to correct me. Just looking for some answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get all the answers you want (and many more you don't) in 2+2 Politics. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Moochers

but I don't see any evidence that an illegal immigrant is necessarily a moocher.
Jeez.....you can't see any evidence when you keep your eyes closed.

Just take a trip to your local county hospital. They are required to provide care for anyone who comes in regardless of their income (at least in Texas). You will see lots of minimum wage workers racking up 4-figured bills that the patients have no intention of ever paying.

http://www.vdare.com/misc/levin_illegals_in_er.htm
http://www.alipac.us/article158.html
http://www.falange.us/aliens-1.htm

It use to be that illegals just worked hard and were self-sufficient. Now they have dicovered they can milk the USA for "free" health care and other perks. Some cities even allow illegals to vote in LOCAL elections.... Having been a victim of a hit-and-run accident by illegal immigrants, I have little patience with them. My brother-in-law was an illegal immigrant (Brazil). He obtained his citizenship thru his first wife. He became a democrat because he adored Ronald Reagan for giving amnesty to illegal aliens in the 1980s (this is not a mistype [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Later he found out Reagan was a Republican. Now he is a Fox News watching republican who thinks Bill O'Reilly is 'god'. When he goes back to Brazil he says he spends half his time arguing with people how Bush and the republicans are great and democrats suck.

I wish the USA would build a "Berlin Wall" from California to Texas. It would cost several billion dollars but the USA all ready spends billions of dollars on schools, medical care, and crime from illegals. When illegals are caught they are giving a summons which are ignored 99% of the time. When they are caught again they are flown back at the expense of the tax payers. A good wall will save a lot of money in flights alone.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Your limited concern about "illegal ones" who just happen to be foreign is telling. "Illegal" immigrants are just people who violated immigration laws. Yet you deal every day with all sorts of law violators: speeders, tax cheats, truants, builders of decks without permits, oral fornicators, etc. I doubt these other "illegal ones," typically in far less desperate circumstances, make you just as angry. I also doubt that you'd be as inclined to define them according to their status as "illegals."

The legacies of capitalism, nationalism and imperialism include titanic disparties of wealth between nations. The rich countries therefore import especially cheap labor to do jobs that few people want. Just about every rich country has some official program to do this, but the extreme heritage of racism in the U.S. makes this politically unfeasible. Hence, officially tolerated but "illegal" immigration because it makes so much economic sense. Illegal immigrants keep labor costs down and pay more in taxes than they receive in services. Since they aren't really "moochers," there isn't much to get angry about.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Moochers

[ QUOTE ]
I wish the USA would build a "Berlin Wall" from California to Texas. It would cost several billion dollars but the USA all ready spends billions of dollars on schools, medical care, and crime from illegals. When illegals are caught they are giving a summons which are ignored 99% of the time. When they are caught again they are flown back at the expense of the tax payers. A good wall will save a lot of money in flights alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "berlin wall" would destroy trade and dipomatic relations between the US and Mexico.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Moochers

[ QUOTE ]
but I don't see any evidence that an illegal immigrant is necessarily a moocher.
Jeez.....you can't see any evidence when you keep your eyes closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say NONE of them are moochers.

[ QUOTE ]
Just take a trip to your local county hospital. They are required to provide care for anyone who comes in regardless of their income (at least in Texas).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty standard just about anywhere. They're required to provide stabilization, not really full end-to-end care. Regular citizens get the same entitlement. Are they not moochers?

[ QUOTE ]
You will see lots of minimum wage workers racking up 4-figured bills that the patients have no intention of ever paying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, is this restricted only to illegals? And does every illegal do this?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:17 AM

As our country becomes less and less agricultural and we have less factories which is allready happening, I think the need for cheep labor will start to decline rapidly and the need for skilled jobs will increase dramatically, hince now its hard to get a job without a college education. People will always want to hire the illegals at very cheap prices though, but I think the demand will decrease in the next 10 years or so. They are hurting many states because California and New Mexico who are paying 10+ billion dollars from their coffers each year to pay for these immigrangs. If we just used that money to stop them from coming that would be a much better use of our money. Untill our umemployment is 0% in this U.S. lets protect those citizens who are looking for jobs rather than the people who have came here illegally, and who are also taking money out of our economy by sending it back home, which is the reason why Fox from Mexico wont do a thing about it. Democrats are all for the "poor" and "middle class" but when illegal's are taking the "poor" and "middle class" jobs they could care less.