Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 PM

Default i miss creed

I was driving back to La Crosse from Milwaukee this weekend and put on some creed cds cuz I hadn't listened to them in awhile, and I realized, damn I miss Creed. It's really too bad Scott Stapp turned into such a tool and completely ruined what in reality was a pretty good band. Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music right now they'd be refreshing.

There, I said it, now go ahead and flame if you must.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: i miss creed

[ QUOTE ]
put on some creed cds cuz I hadn't listened to them in awhile

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst reasoning ever.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 It's really too bad Scott Stapp turned into such a tool and completely ruined what in reality was 2 a pretty good band. 3 Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music right now they'd be refreshing.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. true
2. false
3. false
Old 11-28-2005, 12:06 AM

Creed sucked so hard
Old 11-28-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Creed sucked so hard

[/ QUOTE ]

how right you are. they were awful
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 AM

Alterbridge is a decent band...FWIW.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 It's really too bad Scott Stapp turned into such a tool and completely ruined what in reality was 2 a pretty good band. 3 Compared to the complete crap that gets passes as rock music right now they'd be refreshing.

[/ QUOTE ]
2. false

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to be the popular thing to say now, but lets be real they sure sold a ton of cds and had a quite a few fans before Stapp went nutso, so some of you claiming now that they sucked were creed fans just a few years ago. you dont have to admit it, but you know its true. they made cds where you could actually listen to the entire thing (a rarity for most bands) and also had some very good individual songs as well.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2. false

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to be the popular thing to say now, but lets be real they sure sold a ton of cds and had a quite a few fans before Stapp went nutso, so some of you claiming now that they sucked were creed fans just a few years ago. you dont have to admit it, but you know its true. they made cds where you could actually listen to the entire thing (a rarity for most bands) and also had some very good individual songs as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. They were always terrible.

Most of the people who bag on them now were bagging on them back in their heyday. The people who used to like them but don't anymore probably just moved on to some other middling crap and forgot who Creed was.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:16 AM

I assure you, I was never a creed fan. In fact, all I know from them is what I've heard on the radio which was a stone's throw from the worst music I've ever heard.

The first time I heard "Higher", I was envisioning how they came up with that song. Did the guitar player say "Hey, listen to this gay riff I just thought of!" and Scott says "Yeah, play that right after I do my best Eddie Vedder impression and belt out CAN YOU TAKE ME HIGHER!!"

Btw, Scot does cocaine. a lot.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2. false

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, trust me. I am the zephed and they have always sucked.