Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-17-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Trips with 2nd kicker

Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot:

The converter seems to be broken...One of the middle limpers bet 0.75 after being checked to him, I raised to 2 dollars on the flop around and the BB reraised me to 10 dollars. I folded.

EDIT: I raised PF to 1 dollar and everyone else who was in called.

Villain was 21% with 1/1/3 over400 hands. I gave him credit for K10 or AK because of his low VPIP and fairly passive play post flop...was that too weak tight of me?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Trips with 2nd kicker

you gave credit for AK to a player who did not raise preflop? Or was there a raise? Without some more information there is really nothing I can tell you here. Except if he had the full boat, wouldn't you expect the raise to come on the turn. Why scare you out when you will bet the next card?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:26 PM

I'm getting stacked here every time if he has KT or AK. There are just too many other possibilities here to consider folding. I would say you are ahead or even here &gt;75% of the time. My reasoning is that there is no reason for KT to play it this fast, AK may be worried about a flush draw but there was no pf raise so you can discount that holding as well. This really looks like a weaker K. JMO
Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM

thanks...I should slap myself and realize that 15 bux is worth not second guessing myself over and over