Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: 100% standard AJ raptor hand from sb.. in the 55s at least..

[ QUOTE ]
Enlighten me man, I'm serious. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Because from Villain's perspective I see two guys check call a min bet on the flop and check the turn to me. I need two cards and a pulse to throw out 60 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, YOU do. however, LOTS Of people slow down if they only have an ace after betting and getting two calls. a turn bet that looks significantly stronger can mean quite a bit of strength. thing is, even if it DOESNT, i dont really care.. were back to the risk reward thing again. holla
Old 08-09-2005, 05:26 PM

I take pretty much the same/similar line to UMTerp.

I dunno wtf you're doing folding on the turn here.

Another line that may be good is check/raising the flop for value to maybe t75 or to let your opponent define his/her hand further. If called you can continue to bet for value, although I'd rather just call down my opponent as I'm OOP.

Yugoslav
Old 08-09-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take pretty much the same/similar line to UMTerp.

I dunno wtf you're doing folding on the turn here.

Another line that may be good is check/raising the flop for value to maybe t75 or to let your opponent define his/her hand further. If called you can continue to bet for value, although I'd rather just call down my opponent as I'm OOP.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

im not throwing away chips on the turn.. thats what im doing. yes, this hand in particular looks extremely weak tight, and to people that know nothing about my game, would probably think im a knob. however, a lot of my game consists of making plays to pick up LOTS of pots in the CORRECT SITUATIONS. this is not one such situations. holla
Old 08-09-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Enlighten me man, I'm serious. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Because from Villain's perspective I see two guys check call a min bet on the flop and check the turn to me. I need two cards and a pulse to throw out 60 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, YOU do. however, LOTS Of people slow down if they only have an ace after betting and getting two calls. a turn bet that looks significantly stronger can mean quite a bit of strength. thing is, even if it DOESNT, i dont really care.. were back to the risk reward thing again. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree man, escalating bets normally want calls. But honestly, this could mean ANY ace. I really don't agree that an ace is getting scared into cheking behind on the turn here. He has an ace! AN ACE DAMMIT!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of my game consists of making plays to pick up LOTS of pots in the CORRECT SITUATIONS. this is not one such situations. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this, but if most of your value calls end up being correct you're probably not calling enough.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:37 PM

I think that I see the problem in calling or raising the turn:

It is a miniscule pot to win, but the risk of losing 120 or more chips is very high. No reason this early to gamble.

The turn is a Diamond (a 2 of any other suit couldn't possibly help Villain and he would have checked).

The bet here tells me that he at least has AdXd and wants a smaller Ace to bet. He is well ahead with any ace in his mind, and now has 9 additional outs to hit a flush.

Hero doesn't improve, nor does he pick up any way to improve on the river.

Fold to the t60 and move on.

SlackerMcNoob
Old 08-09-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOTS of pots in the CORRECT SITUATIONS

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, for instance, PaiGow Poker where you are a 3.75% dog, or risking your entire "real" BR on a BJ coinflip, or spending allnight PM'ing some ragass-polesucker [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOTS of pots in the CORRECT SITUATIONS

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, for instance, PaiGow Poker where you are a 3.75% dog, or risking your entire "real" BR on a BJ coinflip, or spending allnight PM'ing some ragass-polesucker [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH SNAP!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM

btw I never feel like I should respond to these threads as I have already discussed the hand but my basic view is that you must check raise the flop or call and bet out the turn. I have not yet been convinced otherwise by Rap (nor have I been torn a "new one", perhaps that is reserved for irie [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 08-09-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against that mini bet I would probably checkraise the flop. You're usually ahead here, and $55 donkeys are still calling a checkraise with hands a lot weaker than AJ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It kinds of sucks when you get called and you are now out of position on the turn in a biggish pot. Damn.

edit: Actually, you can make a decent c/r and the pot doesn't have to get *that* big. But what's your plan when you get called?