Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: 10 20 Party Value Bet River?

I check this pretty fast. As stated above, I don't see many hands you beat that call you. Overpairs to the flop might call a smallish bet, but by betting small you risk getting blown off your hand. And A-7 thru A-K, which beat you now, are not going to fold at this point.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for other streets- raise flop to something like 400 and raise turn, check on the river. But I still think that that's clear fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

why is any of this right? you're saying it repeatedly in this thread but havent given any reasons. hero has position with a suited ace preflop, it's a loose call but totally justifiable depending on the opponent and your ability to outplay him later.
on the flop, he's trying to catch a spade, 2 or a on the turn, why does he want to raise so the pfr can blow him off the chance of winning a huge pot if he backdoors a flush or makes trip 2s?

i dont really hate either calling of raising on the turn here. you probably have a hammerlock on the hand, he's going to fold most of his hands to any turn raise.

i think it's an easy river check, unless he's a complete donk capable of calling you with 9s or something.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for other streets- raise flop to something like 400 and raise turn, check on the river. But I still think that that's clear fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

why is any of this right? you're saying it repeatedly in this thread but havent given any reasons. hero has position with a suited ace preflop, it's a loose call but totally justifiable depending on the opponent and your ability to outplay him later.
on the flop, he's trying to catch a spade, 2 or a on the turn, why does he want to raise so the pfr can blow him off the chance of winning a huge pot if he backdoors a flush or makes trip 2s?

i dont really hate either calling of raising on the turn here. you probably have a hammerlock on the hand, he's going to fold most of his hands to any turn raise.

i think it's an easy river check, unless he's a complete donk capable of calling you with 9s or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
What flop do you expect to hit with your single ace? Suited dont add much value for his hand. As Harrington wrote at HoH2 Ace with small kicker is something like just Ace without kicker at all.If hero hope that he can outplay his opponent- its very good, but still A2s isn't good hand to call 3bb raise before the flop with such small stakes.And of course any of blinds can put reraise and hero will need to muck his hand. Because the game is 4handed it will be some percentage of time- greater than at full ring, because raises here are more looser.
Ok.At flop call isnt bad and I change my opinion here- hero has position and can call here to see how this hand will develop.
At turn is mandatory raise:
1)If raiser has big Ace he almost alway will call you here.
2)Your hand isnt so strong to slowplay.Any 2,6, or card greater than 10 can ruin your hand.
3)Even if villain has 1010-KK he can call your raise some percentage of time if he couldnt believe that you have real hand.
Clear check at river- 3 destroyed your hand.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:11 PM

raise the turn, check the river, delete the game number from the hh.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:33 PM

It's 4 handed.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. If he AK-AJ he would probably bet this river. I bet he has hand like 1010-JJ and is looking for a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had AK-AJ i would not bet this river.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:18 PM

Man I feel like if he has KK or JJ there and he is sitting short in this game and is an unknown, there is more than a small chance he calls off at least a $400 bet on the river when he's looking at over 4:1, especially given the fact that there are not a ton of hands with an ace in it that I would call the flop bet with.

-Jason
Old 08-15-2005, 07:54 PM

Clearly, he has JJ. That's exactly what he has. He bets out on flop. Gets upset because he doesn't think you have an Ace on the turn. When you call this, he must check and fold river. But you're carrying a hand that cannot bet the river. Therefore, he has JJ. And I folded A8 preflop DOH!

Jared