Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Default so yesterday i just kept hitting the call button

so last night i played some 109s.

i made a decision early on in the evening. it was to play a bit of ye olde accumulator. specifically, any time i'm in one of these spots where someone pushes for 300 behind a dozen limpers at 15/30 and i'm close to closing the action, i just call with some decent calling hands. these include like, KQ, or 88.

so i made perhaps a dozen calls, some in the line of:

whole bunch of limpers to a shorty who pushes
whole bunch of limpers to me, i raise, and a shorty pushes for 3x or 2x my raise
standard trapping of shorties with big hands by me

i ran in to AK once.

it was by far the best hand i saw.

i saw 98o
i saw Q4o
i saw K3s
i saw Q9o
etc

amazingly enough, whenever they had Qx i had KQ, whenever they had 22 i had 88, whenever they had Ax i had AQ, etc. it was lots of fun.

what i wanted to tell people, especially people who play a few extra pots early, is that the wackos are out. if you haven't been noticing the wackos, you're missing out. spite call the [censored] out of them. post your spite calls here!

oh, another one of my favorites are these people who push for their "last 400" at 10/15, and when you call with 88 you're ahead by a mile because they "pushed with Ax to try to double up."

c