Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: did i play this hand wrong in p0825? thoughts?

With a good counterfeit protection( if you can draw the low), you shoulda potted it right back on the flop, your gin card would be a 5 so you could scoop or get others quartered.

I thought his pot bet was crazy.
Yep, that stupid crazy moron, he should only bet the minimum on the flop, turn or whatever and be nice.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the way you played it, except I'd check-raise the turn. The way the action went down, it's tough for the third player to put chips in.

You guys who are advocating fold flop, I think there's too much to be gained from catching a nice turn card like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only gain from catching a nice turn if you can tell the difference between boats and flushes... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the way you played it, except I'd check-raise the turn. The way the action went down, it's tough for the third player to put chips in.

You guys who are advocating fold flop, I think there's too much to be gained from catching a nice turn card like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is fine too since you have position and a 3-way pot. It depends on opponents. At the $25 tables and for beginners I think folding is better in this spot, but I’ll grant its close.

-g
Old 11-07-2005, 07:47 PM

By too much to be gained, do you mean getting back your preflop bet? Do you think both of the other players are on naked low draws?

It's a small pot and it's hard to think it's likely you'll win a big one as opposed to lose one if you keep playing.

good luck.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:26 PM

It's not too hard for one bad player to be in there with only nut flush draw, and the other guy has K's up. So you've got half the pot locked up, drawing to part of the other half and applying pressure to two weak highs. Granted it doesn't always happen, but in this game I'm not looking to fold a nut low draw on the flop for a single bet if there is any chance the turn will bring a scooping card.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did i play this hand wrong in p0825? thoughts?

I potted nut low on turn, and got counterfeited, he had a nut flush draw. Should I stop betting pot on lows in these circumstances? Any thoughts? I thought his pot bet was crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was me BTW [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It was PL50 too.

Flop: I think the flop call is marginal. You have 3 clean outs for hi, and not much else. You're a long way behind A2K, A23, A24, A25, A2 with any two clubs, even A29. You're also in trouble vs. one player with a decent hi and another with A2 (you're getting 1/4 most of the time). In this case your only hope is to hit a 5, and the 7% of the time a non suited 5 hits on the turn, you'll have to dodge a lot of redraws to not get 3/4ed yourself on the river. So hitting your hi isn't worth that much.

Turn The turn brings two flush draws and a lo. The pair adds value to your hand and you will be ahead for hi a small % of the time here. The trouble here again is that someone could have a good high and another could have lo, in which case quartering is almost a certainty. You're still behind A2K, A2+ higher pair, etc. If you do currently have the best hand, on the river you have to dodge two potential flush draws, higher pair draws, and counterfeits to keep your high and not get quartered or scooped. In short, your hand is very weak vs two opponents who like their hands.

In the unlikely case you have the only A2, you will only win hi a small % of the time - most of the time you're just getting half of the pot, which isn't worth that much unless a lot of money goes in AND both opponents stay in.

So I'd fold this flop. Once on the turn, I'd checkraise all in and force a fold a reasonable percentage of the time. Not a very profitable move but it's not a very profitable hand, you don't have many options here that will make money.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Don't mean to offend but, Yes! You played the hand completely wrong. 1st off it never should've seen a flop, it's a piece of sh*t. You only have a potential nut low, with almost no high draw. But then once you saw a flop it should've been mucked. Yes mucked! You have only 4 outs to a high and a good chance of getting 1/4'rd for low, or even cancelled as the case happened to end up. Also, there was the chance of the 5 diamonds to make that flush, possibly taking away straight for high. You trapped yourself with this one. Look at your opponent's hand again. He has "nut set" with 2nd nut flush draw and 2nd nut low. You were only about 7% to win high, a major dog!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 AM

Lucky? Hello McFly!!! He flopped nut set!!! His only fear was the club flush draw, and Ace to 7 straight draw on the flop. And heads up it's not a bad situation, esp when you have the 2nd nut low draw to go along. As it ended up he's about a 9 to 1 to win from the flop to the river.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't mean to offend but, Yes! You played the hand completely wrong. 1st off it never should've seen a flop, it's a piece of sh*t. You only have a potential nut low, with almost no high draw. But then once you saw a flop it should've been mucked. Yes mucked! You have only 4 outs to a high and a good chance of getting 1/4'rd for low, or even cancelled as the case happened to end up. Also, there was the chance of the 5 diamonds to make that flush, possibly taking away straight for high. You trapped yourself with this one. Look at your opponent's hand again. He has "nut set" with 2nd nut flush draw and 2nd nut low. You were only about 7% to win high, a major dog!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi fish,

You should quit playing PLO8 if you were facing minimum raise with serveral callers in the pot and you folded A268 (even it's rainbow). Even though shero had the positional disadvantage, A268 is still good to play at a multi-way pot with relatively cheap preflop cost.

Then the flop plays, it's just fish agaish fish, damn the tiny aquariums...
Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 AM

You had 4 diff. suits in your hand, how can you have a flush draw?