Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Are Most Swedes Incapable of a Cogent Political Discusion?

This is hilarious. I don't think I have ever won a debate by this much before, imagine, I got my own hate-thread, just because Wakey can't defend his position using logic and/or skill.
My bagel is going to be extra tasty today.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Man Manipulates Meanings & Misunderstands Most Matters

[ QUOTE ]
So, you think you're a metaphor now, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no, but I used to think that one of your initials stood for Metaphor. Lately, I have come to see it may mean something else. (Nothing that's on the title of this post, either.)

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say what [Wake Up] is doing; only what he might be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wakey might be saying a lot of things. I have explicitly chosen to proceed on the assumption I made that he postulated a theorem on the basis of a severely limited knowledge of Sweden and Swedes. And I have based this assumption both on a straightforward understanding of Wakey's very words AND on Wakey's demonstably limited general knowledge and his difficulty in formulating logical conclusions.

Limitations that apply equally to his self-apppointed defender in this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Most Europeans are TOTALLY Ignorant about.........

[ QUOTE ]
Never mind it will only purchase 0.141369 Kronor

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not very good at math, are you?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not very good at math, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Tell me again how this is relevant to the topic of this thread. Also you might note I have politely refrained from correcting all your spelling and grammatical mistakes since it appears English is not your primary language. This is another example of the Swedish personality and inability to stay on topic. Nit-picking and attempting to change the subject are just two obstacles in an attempt to communicate with a Swede.

To correct my math error I believe $1 US will indeed purchase 7.07450 Kronor.

I might note that you have not disputed my postulation although several of your Liberal cronies have come to your aid. An excercise in futility for them if you ask me.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me again how this is relevant to the topic of this thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, considering that you seem to be drawing some sort of conclusion based on exchange rates when saying this:
[ QUOTE ]
Never mind it will only purchase 0.141369 Kronor, no wonder they are doing so poorly educating their young!

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems to me it is important to get it right. Especially since this completely reverses your statement.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly what type of conection you make between exchange rates and schools as well, there really is no apparent connection.

[ QUOTE ]
I might note that you have not disputed my postulation although several of your Liberal cronies have come to your aid. An excercise in futility for them if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, an excercise in futility since it's so obviously is a riculous statement to start with. I refuse to let me be dragged down to your level. Give me examples and I'll debate you, but I will not debate you silly "postulate".
Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Wake Up Tries To Bite Me

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Cyrus, How many snakes must bite you before you consider the possibility that most if not all snakes might be capable of biting you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dear Wakey, I didn't know that a Swede had bitten you! And, no, I don't wannna know the sordid details.

But, seriously, what makes you think that the Swedish aspect of the poster that got you on tilt is the aspect that's responsible for his "bite"? It could be a number of things. (Have you considered that he might be, for instance, a soccer aficionado? They are all crazy.)

Still, the fact remains that your abilities of deduction are simply amazing. From one Swede to all Swedes. Onwards to the poker tables!.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
As for probability are you still jealous that BruceZ and Mason don't allow you to post there any more?

[/ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, I'm comped to dinner at the Probability Room if I bring entertainment with me. Are you up to it?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:53 AM

I can see it in his eyes when he says it. Try watching closely next time he uses the word.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what my friend M has done concerning liberals. The moderate leftists have swallowed hook, line, and sinker, according to him, the thinking of the radicals.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Andy, they have not swallowed the thinking but rather the propaganda (re. the evils of the U.S., etc.). In other words, the Far Left demonizes in a highly unbalanced fashion (propaganda), and the moderate Left says, "Well, yeah, OK; I can kinda see it that way too." The message then persists and grows and eventually is taught in our schools.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Wake Up Tries To Bite Me

Cyrus,

I believe you have slept since reading my initial post. I never intended to make any absolute statements about all Swedes. I merely speculated that perhaps most Swedes are unable to discuss American politics rationally, much like yourself.

It may be their environment, their upbringing, heredity, the influence of their neighbors, their school systems or many other factors. I was hoping for some suggestions as to the cause or why one might either agree or not agree with my thoughts. So far from you all I've seen are incorrect quotes in an attempt to twist the meaning of my words, par for the course from you although I think if you concentrate you might be capable of more.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Wake Up Tries To Bite Me

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping for some suggestions as to the cause or why one might either agree or not agree with my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your proposition is quite absurd and unfounded therefore you are getting the expected responses of jokes, bizarre criticisms and the like.