Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-23-2005, 10:19 AM

Default 40-80 borgata same opponent

Same night, but a different table than the steal hand.
This took place before the other hand. I've been a little over aggressive with pocket pairs post-flop and haven't won with any of my raised hands.

5 or 6 handed, we were the must move and players were coming and going fast.

CO opens and it's folded to me. I call with 6c4c

Flop comes 2-3-5 rainbow
I check raise, he calls.

Turn is Qx
I check raise again, and he folds.

My thinking was that with my current image if he has a Q or overs he's calling down. If he has nothing he will either stab at it here or take the free card where I'm getting one bet if he hits. But, I think I should've just called and donked the river instead of getting greedy.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: 40-80 borgata same opponent

bet the turn. you have to give him a chance to raise. then only thing a c'r ges you is a bet from a hand that would bluff and release to a raise that wouldn't call a bet. but if he hits the Q or has a pair to raise or a read that you are weak then you get to 3bet him, which would probably result in him folding a large % of those above hands, but its better than 1 bet you get from checking and raising.

however, by checking, you allow himto take a free card which might earn you a bet on the river, but that'll only happen a slight % of the time.

also, if you're c'ring this flop and b etting this turn as normal (pairs etc. on that board) then its incongruous to check this turn here. continuing to bet here imo is best.

Barron