Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-04-2005, 06:57 PM

Default I should\'ve capped...I think?

Taj 20/40

Villain #1 - Hijack: regular/typical Taj player. Plays tight until he loses a pot and then it can be anything. Knows I'm TAG, but is playing for vengance after my top pair+gutshot snapped his set.

Villain #2 - SB: Pretty terrible. JXs from any position otherwise he plays on the conservative side preflop and loves to pump his draws on the turn. Has no concern with my image.

Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO.

Folded to V1 who raises, Hero 3-bets, V2 calls, BB folds, V1 calls.

Flop (10sb): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
V2 checks, V1 bets, Hero raises, V2 cold calls, V1 3-bets, Hero Caps, V2 calls, V1 calls

Turn (11 bb): (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
V2 checks, V1 checks, Hero bets, V2 calls, V1 calls

River ( 14 bb): (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
V2 checks, V1 donk bets, Hero raises, V2 calls, V1 says "What'd you make a flush too??" and then raises. I take his emaphsis to mean "a flush...in addition to your AK" and not "a flush...in addition to mine." based on this, and the fact that my raise will cap...I think I should have raised. Instead Hero calls, V2 calls.

Final Pot: 20bb
V1: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Three-of-a-Kind sixes.
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Three-of-a-Kind aces.
V2: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Two pair, aces and kings.

Hero wins 20bb.

As much as I wish it was, it's not really a hindsight second guess. I took a good five seconds before giving and just calling. While this is not the worst mistake to make I'd rather not leave 2bb/$80 on the table if I don't have to. I just wanted to know if anyone else finds a raise here.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: I should\'ve capped...I think?

yes, I think you can find the cap. the only hand that v1 could reasonably have that has you beat is A6 of hearts. v2 is giving you some nice overlay as well which makes the decision even easier.