Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 10:47 PM

Default My small hands - 5 hand post - you were warned

HAND 1:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds
----------------------------------
HAND 2:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds

NOTE: Button has 2.5 SB's left going into the flop round. My intention was to check, let Button bet, see if SB folds, and isolation raise the "going for all-in but maybe with something, maybe with nothing" Button. Good plan? MP3 messed things up, so good fold?
HAND 3:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO ....

How are the turn/river bets?
HAND 4:

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (14 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds, &lt;SNIP&gt;

Large pot, rainbow flop. Betting out won't fold anyone, so I checked. Cold calling when its back to me seems bad. 3-bet to try to get it heads up with MP3? Then what? check-call it down? Bet/FoldToRaise the turn? or Bet and Call down.
HAND 5:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, &lt;SNIP&gt;

This one felt weird. The pot was small and I thought a call was terrible. Raise or fold time.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:02 AM

Default Re: My small hands - 5 hand post - you were warned

Hand 1:
Looks ok

Hand 2:
Looks ok

Hand3:
The turn bet is fine. The river bet...sure...if you think this guy calls the turn, and then folds to the river 1 in 4 times. (I think most are not folding the river with that card after calling the turn, though)

Hand4:
I think this is ok. I might cold call here if I had a backdoor flush draw to go along with my overcards. FWIW UTG+1 might 7, but I do not think MP3 has a 7....no low limit players play their trips that fast.

Hand 5:
yeah...that is fine. I think a T is more likely that a flush for the sb, but getting 5.5:1 and the whole field to act behind you....

--Rico
Old 07-20-2004, 01:21 PM

The hand 3 river bet was a bit of an experiment and I generally don't make that play.

Hand 5: Should I check the flop with the intent to call closing the action or raise a LP bet? Top pair of 8's against a large field feel almost like drawing with middle pair top kicker. Does a bet protect my hand enough here?

More comments are welcome, even if its just to say "fine x5".
Old 07-21-2004, 09:47 AM

Results:

Hand 1: SB did not show.

Hand 2: Button - J8o, SB - KTo. River 6 gives SB a straight.

Hand 3: CO folded, I won without a showdown.

Hand 4: UTG+1 - K7o, MP3 - 88. 5 pairs on the river and UTG+1 boats up.

Hand 5 (This one is nuts): Final board: 3c6s8sTsJd
MP1 - TT (turned set of Tens, but never raised)
MP3 - 97o (turned straight, but never raised)
Button - As4s (turned flush)
SB - T6o (turned two pair)
Hero folds A8s on the turn