Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: 400NL: AQo on SB, call the river?

You say Villain is LAG preflop, but what is he like post flop? If you think he will make this play any time you check the turn and river, then you should call. But if that's not the case, then I don't think you're beating much here. You're not beating A-10, A-Q, A-K, K-Q, K-J, Q-J, or even K-x. That's assuming he didn't flop a monster hand. So basically you're only beating a total bluff. so if you think he's on a complete bluff as often as not then you can call, but you can't beat anything but a bluff.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:05 PM

I agree with tinker about reraising preflop. I think the river is a fold. Donk takes this line with KQ,KJ, QJ, KT, AK and a set if he's tricky. Seems like too many hands are beating you.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:08 PM

I really like re-raising preflop. If you have 1-2 callers, bet any flop and expect to take it down quite a lot, either preflop or on the flop.

Given you called pre, I prefer a check/call on the flop. I think you win the same from worse hands, and maybe even catch a few bluffs. Also, if you check, and then there is a bet and a raise then you can get out of the way for free

Then I lead the turn and fold to a raise. If villian calls, I check any river, and if he bets then probably call, depending on the card

Given how you got to the river, if he's lag enough I check/call. If he's passive on later streets I block bet like $40 or $50