Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-30-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Good Taj stories?

While playing once at the Taj I saw some man take off with a rack of chips. Some women stood up screaming while the man ran. Two security guys take off after him. As he is making his way out he takes off through the tournament area. He goes through the doors and runs into locked doors. The security end up catching him. I asked the floor man what that was all about. He was like "yeah that guy just tried to run off with that womens chips. If he was a good theif he would know that we lock those doors at night. Idiot."

I thought that was pretty funny.

I hate the fat guy with the mustache who won't shut up about his bad beats. He dates a decent looking dealer. I can't figure that one out. He apperently dropped over 10k playing NL. That seems like a bit to much to me but who knows.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 AM

I was playing 5-10 at the Taj a few days ago and the guy to my right was dealt pocket aces three hands in a row. I was beginning to think he had cards up his sleeve or something. The hand right after that he thought he had them a fourth time, but it turned out to be A4. As a joke he raised it out of the big blind anyway, though.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the fat guy with the mustache who won't shut up about his bad beats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tiger (Tiger123 from RGP many moons ago)?

I sat at a table with Tiger123 about a year ago and was totally disappointed with him in real life. I remember reading his trip reports in RGP when I first started getting into poker and enjoying them; he's an incredible tool in real life.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:37 AM

Finally, there was the individual who dropped his losing aces down the money chute and abruptly left the room

[/ QUOTE ]

The aces down the money chute is classic...I love it!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Got any good Taj stories?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never told anybody this.

About eight, nine months ago, I'm at the Taj, it's late,
and I see Johnny Chan walk in. And he goes, he sits - And the whole place stops when Johnny Chan walks in.

Everybody puts an eye on him. After a little while, there wasn't a crap game going...'cause all the high rollers are over there watching him. Some are playing with him, giving away their money to this guy to say..."Oh, I played with the World Champion."

And you know what I did? I sat down. I had six thousand, but I had to know.

Played tight for an hour. I folded mostly, and then I made a score. I had nothing. But he raised. And I just decided, you know, I don't care about the money. I'm just gonna outplay the guy.

I'm just gonna outplay this guy this hand.

I re-raised. - Re-raise. Oh, yeah. And he just comes right back over the top of me, trying to bully me like I'm some [censored] tourist.

I hesitate for two seconds. I re-raised. And he makes a move toward his checks, and he looks at me. And he looks at his cards, and he looks at me again. And he mucked it. I took it down.

"Did you have it?" "I'm sorry, John. I don't remember." I vomited in my mouth, and I walked to the cashier.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU MADE A MOVE ON CHAN U SON OF A B**CH!!!!
(good post, funny stuff)
Old 12-31-2005, 12:51 AM

what about the disgusting crust that builds up on the chips at the Taj???

Its feels like someone put a piece of old gum on my chips.

Would it kill them to give them a wash now and again?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 AM

Playing 5/10 a few months ago, get up and go to the bathroom.. Who do I see walking out but the male waiter with a tray full of drinks. Like open cups of beer and pop and stuff..

I think someone got the special that nite.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the fat guy with the mustache who won't shut up about his bad beats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tiger (Tiger123 from RGP many moons ago)?

I sat at a table with Tiger123 about a year ago and was totally disappointed with him in real life. I remember reading his trip reports in RGP when I first started getting into poker and enjoying them; he's an incredible tool in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't be Tiger. He doesn't play NL, and there is no way in hell he would have a hot young dealer as a girlfriend.

Besides, you can't miss Tiger... his jacket tells you who he is better than his belly & mustache.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He wasn't responding to you at all. I blame Quick Reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Doc. Couldn't figure out wtf he was talking about. BTW - I've seen 2 people at the Taj who were at Bway that night, including the one who I thought was you. The young guy in glasses and BB hat. You ever hit AC?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:41 PM

Does anyone know the mid-40's black guy that plays 2/4-3/6? I've seen him there ever single time i've played there. He's a really quiet dude that plays every single hand. From the times i've played with him he either loses non-stop and rebuys 3-4 times, or hits every draw and drives the table crazy.