Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 08:55 PM

Default 77 versus LAG.

MP3 is LAG: 46/12.5/2

BB is LAG: 45/15/1.6

Raise this PF or call is legatimate?
Flop play - my check/call have two advantages for me:

1. I can safely fold if action will goes bet-call (or bet-raise)
2. if BB will fold for one bet then I can bet or c/r safe turn.

But turn action is not clear there. I think I should c/r and fold to 3bet here - is it better than my bet/fold? But I suppose c/r here too much agressive even vs LAG and bet/fold is enough agression to make him raise only better hands than my 2nd pair.

Any thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: 77 versus LAG.

He's not really that Laggy, at least, not that overaggressive. I could see a 3-bet given the only other people are a poster who checked and the BB, and the raiser could have a wide range here.

I'd check-raise the flop. Qxx, good chance you have the best hand, you can knock out BB, and your hand is vulnerable.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not really that Laggy, at least, not that overaggressive. I could see a 3-bet given the only other people are a poster who checked and the BB, and the raiser could have a wide range here.

I'd check-raise the flop. Qxx, good chance you have the best hand, you can knock out BB, and your hand is vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it'll make you feel better about folding your sevens if you get raised on the turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I like it thou... And If I got 3better I can safely fold right here... Thanks.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:05 PM

Just call preflop...As for the turn I would highly consider a check/fold on the turn, but given you bet on the turn I would not fold for 1 bet. Villain may have two overcards, wait for the river.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:50 PM

Why not take a line that is most likely to get value for your hand and get you to showdown?

Once you've gotten it heads up on the turn, whats wrong with just checking? If he's very aggressive, you might get raised by 66 or a pair+flush draw.
Sure, he's sometimes checking behind worse hands, but he's often not folding anything that you want him to fold when you bet. Inducing a bluff here seems like a nice line.

An AF of 2 is very aggressive for a 48 vpip player, so you shouldn't worry too much about it getting checked behind.

In heads up small pots with weak hands, there is sometimes more value in inducing a bluff than in betting your hand. I've seen players with stats like this bluff the turn and river when checked to. I've seen them bet their bottom pair on the river when checked to also.