Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 03:17 PM

Default congrats. you guys win

i hope you all feel very proud. the overall stubborness of this forum chalks up another victim. i will not continue to argue my ideas, which i think have merit, but clearly nobody on here wants to have an intelligent, thought-provoking discussion about it. this has certainly been a developing trend around here. rather than try to gain what we can, and look to learn what there is to learn from a post, people insist on showing how smart they are by calling the poster stupid. a lot of times somebody will present a new idea that could have a lot of merit if it were looked into more, but since they didn't type it out in a way thats 100% clear to anyone on a first read through, all it gets is flamed. its very ridiculous. its good to be critical of posts, but you need to do it in a constructive way. often times, for severly flawed logic this can be done very succinctly, and does not have to include LOL, or the word "retard".

i'm sorry, but this is very upsetting to me as a young, aspiring poker pro, that the site that has taught me so much is turning into what it is.

in all honestly, if TOP had never been written, and a young player came on this site trying to share some brilliant, new insightful theory, like FTOP, but typed it up in a slightly unlear manner, i have no doubt that he would get flamed on these boards.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: congrats. you guys win

See this post

edit: hopefully link fixed. I just posted it in one of the other threads, and thought it would be better here.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:21 PM

MLG link takes u to another forum not a post.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See this post

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confuzzd. This is the Mid-Stakes PL and NL board.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM

sorry. link fixed.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:36 PM

I think the operative word you use is "young." Age may cure that condition.

Dude, I'm sorry you feel hurt. People here were really trying to help you. It's not about winning or losing, and that you feel it is, sucks. It's about ALL of us winning, which we do when we build on each others' accumulated wisdom. When you get entrenched in a position, you stifle your own growth, and you are both very entrenched and very stifled.

Your opinion on this forum is also completely in error. Hey, if I could make a post which in essence said "Math Sucks" on *this* site, then everybody is safe! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hope you'll stick around. You can do my taxes.

CJ
Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 PM

yes. i saw that. i've read TPFAP, so i know the idea of chips being worth more with a short stack is nothing new or novel. but i think that theory is only accurate at times. i think that its NOT simply an inverse relationship between total Tchips, and value per Tchip. i think that the value of chips goes down as you go from say red to orange, but then goes back up when your stack gets big. kind of like an upwards parabola, with the bottom valley somewhere in the orange zone. that is my theory. maybe its not entirely accurate or correct, but it would be nice to have THAT actually discussed, rather than just getting flamed for my inability to clearly state what i was trying to say.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rather than try to gain what we can, and look to learn what there is to learn from a post,

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, learned a lot from the threads regarding this whole 'red zone' debacle. Just because I didn't come to the conclusion that the 'theory' is valid, doesn't mean I didn't learn about poker from the discussion of why it fails.

[ QUOTE ]
people insist on showing how smart they are by calling the poster stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't mean to attack you, but I do want to defend some other posters, so I have to say that no one in these discussion has made more ad hominem attacks or poisoning the well fallacies than you.

[ QUOTE ]
in all honestly, if TOP had never been written, and a young player came on this site trying to share some brilliant, new insightful theory, like FTOP, but typed it up in a slightly unlear manner, i have no doubt that he would get flamed on these boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the smell of ego in the afternoon.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM

unfortunately, you missed the main thrust of the post.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Please stay.
While you will not find my name on any of these posts over the last few days, i feel that you and betgo have been very cordial discussion what is obviously (and possibly not correct) theory.
It takes guts to post something that is completely out of the norm of poker and then attempt to defend it with tact and intelligence. I found that i had to evaluate certain concepts in terms of my small stack play and possible +EV of a short stack.
In short, please stay, i'd just stay away from this crazy debate/flamewar this has turned into. Take a week or so off the site and come back. We have a short memory here and you will be accepted back with open arms.
Thanks
Alex (Firefly)
Closed Thread