Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 08:23 AM

Default An (possibly unintentional) interesting statement...

...on the current state of televised poker. I think it's just meant as a little jab at the studio audience, but I found it interesting...

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #24 is a big one. Gus comes in for a small raise, and Danny Nguyen raises it to $40,000. Shandor Szentkuti pushes all in, and Gus folds. Danny asks for a count, and decides to call. Shandor shows pocket 7s, and Danny has A-K offsuit. The crowd is up on their feet, excited everytime they get to see the cards ahead of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this probably sums up exactly the audience that televised poker thrives on. This is probably why Poker Superstars has a sped up blind structure and an all in every hand. Sure, there are a ton of people who like to watch in order to see interesting play or to pick up some strategy ideas, but there are many more who just enjoy the action or thrill. I just found this interesting.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: An (possibly unintentional) interesting statement...

people named daniel are interesting.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...on the current state of televised poker. I think it's just meant as a little jab at the studio audience, but I found it interesting...

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #24 is a big one. Gus comes in for a small raise, and Danny Nguyen raises it to $40,000. Shandor Szentkuti pushes all in, and Gus folds. Danny asks for a count, and decides to call. Shandor shows pocket 7s, and Danny has A-K offsuit. The crowd is up on their feet, excited everytime they get to see the cards ahead of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this probably sums up exactly the audience that televised poker thrives on. This is probably why Poker Superstars has a sped up blind structure and an all in every hand. Sure, there are a ton of people who like to watch in order to see interesting play or to pick up some strategy ideas, but there are many more who just enjoy the action or thrill. I just found this interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

From having been in the audience, i can tell you that they have the audience go through all this clapping, standing etc BS before the start of the tournamrnt and splice it in at the studio. There is no way to tell how the croud actually reacted
Old 06-09-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From having been in the audience, i can tell you that they have the audience go through all this clapping, standing etc BS before the start of the tournamrnt and splice it in at the studio. There is no way to tell how the croud actually reacted

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a hand for hand event report from cardplayer.com. It wasn't a recap of the show. The reporter was at the event.