Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 2+2 SNG Game Survey

So? Get back in the game!

Doc
Old 03-22-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Need a name? Attn. Mason

Simon makes a good point here. If these results are going to be posted on a website, can we call it 'the 2+2 sng series'?

At first I suggested to Simon that a simple disclaimer saying the usual 'Games for 2+2 posters, not sponsored by 2+2 publishing' in fine print was all we needed. This may not be the case. Mason?

I think OTT Sng series is appropriate (strangely), but if we are going to call it something else, we can surely get more creative.

In a way, I like having 2+2 in the title so it's too bad. It's like advertising in my opinion and I'd venture to guess that we have brought at least a couple new posters with these tourneys so far.

Any thoughts?
Brad S

Actually, in looking at a past thread about this, perhaps something like:

"SNG Series for 2+2 posters"

is all we would need to do.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Need a name? Attn. Mason

AleoMagus,
You're out of date on this. It was brought up in January. The question was raised regarding all the events (KotZ, SNG...).

Mason's answer was that there was not a problem with the games so long as the wording contained the following:

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc
edit:
(I don't know how to make a link like MikeHaven does all the time)
see Mason Malmuth's post on 1/13/04 subject "Re: 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE STARS 9:30PM EST THURSDAY 15 JAN 04" where he explains two plus two's policy on these games.

Doc

Old 03-22-2004, 08:43 PM

I agree with Pokeraz, this would be a good way of getting more people involved if more hands are talked about. Maybe suggesting, everyon post one hand? I dunno if I want to go that far(I can't believe I am bashing my own idea [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) but you guys see what I mean. I think most of us could probably find one hand out of the tourney to talk about.
Another idea would be a whole forum for the "2+2 SnG" although that may be too much to ask for as well.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:47 PM

Mike hasn't monopolised linking yet, I am not too shabby at it myself:

Mason's explanation re: 2+2 tourneys

I had not read this before, but I am glad you have brought it to my attention Doc. I shall be adding that disclaimer to the KotZ site for starters and to any others I am currently working on.

The name 2+2 SNG Series should be okay then right?

Simon
Old 03-22-2004, 11:29 PM

That was the way we understood it. and if there had been a problem, i think we would have heard about it in the past two months. basically, as long as we solve our own problems and don't involve the sponsors in any liability or other problems, i think it is considered good advertizing.

Doc
Old 03-22-2004, 11:31 PM

BTW, HOW THE H*** DID YOU MAKE THAT D*** LINK?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
Old 03-23-2004, 12:14 AM

Find the post you want to link to, open it in a new window, highlight and copy the URL.

Then when you are in the posting screen, use the UBB code button marked URL, paste the URL into the window that pops up and then call it whatever you want.

If you still can't get it to work, give me a couple of days and I will do a step by step illustration in Photoshop for you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 03-23-2004, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stage,

Nice to have you back fit and full of energy. As I know you though, you will soon be waisting all that energy chasing my lead in the Kotz (or elsewhere)

Oh well, I guess that's what it is to be famous and having all the fans constantly after you...

Welcome back,
William

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, I haven't played in one SNG for over a week and I think I might have forgotten how. Live play in LA might have ruined me for life [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Since I am no longer Vice King or anything the KOTZ chase will just have to be extended by a month or so. It's ok though. I will have from about June to December to watch you from the rear view mirror. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 07:58 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

I will have from about June to December to watch you from the rear view mirror.

That's the spirit! Never give up on the unreacheable dream.

William

PS. you might want to change your mirror though, I think it's broken [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PPS. And don't forget to wash the car. With all the dust collected from the past 3 months, you can't tell which color it originally is anymore [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]