Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Dear Bison: September 2005

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Bison - my wife left this morning on a cross country flight with one of her girlfriends. She will not be back until Tuesday. This is the first time in the 1 1/2 years since we've been married that we've been apart more than a day. I am 30 years old and live in NJ. What should I do this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas, Baby!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:49 AM

Dear Bison. this upcoming weekend, rockfishing should be pretty good, but I've been doing that a lot lately. halibut will be hit or miss, but I haven't caught a halibut in a year (haven't targeted them) and would be a nice change of pace. striped bass can be absolutely cold, but can turn red hot in an instant if a school rolls in, and they're fun to catch.
the tide will be good for either of these options, driving distances and time invested are similar, and the food value of each is pretty much equal.

which kind of fishing should I do.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Bison - my wife left this morning on a cross country flight with one of her girlfriends. She will not be back until Tuesday. This is the first time in the 1 1/2 years since we've been married that we've been apart more than a day. I am 30 years old and live in NJ. What should I do this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas, Baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or AC at the very least, hell it can't be that far. Coke binge anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 11:52 AM

Dear Bison:

At 6AM on a sunday morning my friend John's cell phone rings. He rolls out of bed with his girlfriend to go answer it. It's his friend Jessica (female). She is flying back from NY and has called everyone she knows trying to get a ride home from the airport but no one can get her. John is her last hope. "Can you pick me up from the airport today at 5PM." He thinks about it and knows that his girlfriend will be at work at this time and say "No problem, see you at 5." Climbs back into bed and tries to cuddle with his girlfriend only to get the cold shoulder. She is very upset with him because he didn't consult her before commiting to going to the airport.

I've told this story to a number of friends and was shocked at the responses gathered. The majority of my married friends responded with "Oh yeah, John screwed up. He needs to ask first before doing that kind of stuff." My single friends said "His girlfriend is over bearing. Why is she so insecure it's just a friend at the airport."

So my question to you is. When a couple gets married do they lose all ability to do things on there own? Must they now ask permission to breathe?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:53 AM

Dear Bison,

I recently graduated college and I'm living at home with the parents right now. I don't have a "real job" yet and I'm faced with the decision to either get an apartment I can barely afford or live at home and have no (0) life, but save up some money. Help?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:16 PM

Dear Bison,

In this thread, I asked what computer would be good for me. Durron suggested a Dimension 3000 and that looks like a perfect computer, however the school I'm going to is hooked up with a site (www.it.govconnection.com [it's a private access site]) and if I order through this site they will deliver it to the school, the computer guys at the school will do all the things to get it ready for the school year, and I'll never have to pay to get it fixed during my 2 year stint there. However, they don't have the Dimension 3000 or any Dell product on that site. Therefore, since I'm really bad at computers, I won't know what to get if I use their site. However, if I go with Dell, I'd have to wait in line and have them fix it up after pretty much everyone else in the entire school. All my friends who know stuff about computers are gone away to college so I might have trouble trying to ask them for help with what computer to get from the it.govconnection site.

So should I go with the Dell or the other one?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:20 PM

Dear Bison,

I recently downloaded and installed the Google Talk instant messenger thingy, and while I guess it's cool I'm not really sure what all the excitement is about.

Could you tell me why it kicks so much ass? I'm afraid I'm doing it wrong.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:28 PM

Dear Bison,

If I melt Dry ice into a swimming pool can I go swimming with out getting wet?

If I'm traveling at light speed, and I turn on the headlights what would happen?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I melt Dry ice into a swimming pool can I go swimming with out getting wet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you're not serious. First dry ice isn't frozen water, and second uh... when it "melts" it turns into a gas.

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm traveling at light speed, and I turn on the headlights what would happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_143.html
Old 09-02-2005, 12:57 PM

Dear Bison,

Where do you get your motiviation to strive in life?