Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM

Default 2 Big Blind Questions...

Assuming a 1/2 blind structure and good (but by no means expert) play postflop...

1) LP limps UTG, TAG raises on the button, LAG calls in the SB and you have Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. Do you call? Do you call anything suited that isn't complete junk? How does your range change if its the LAG raising and the TAG calling in the sb?

2) Same scenario as 1) expect its an uber-lag raising on the button, a TAG calling in the sb, and you have J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the bb. Call? If you do call, how low are you calling with offsuit connectors? Again how does your range change if the TAG and LAG are reversed?

___1___
Old 09-22-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: 2 Big Blind Questions...

I lack the appropriate knowledge to adjust to the intricacies of which of them raised, although I suspect that in this scenario it is not terribly important. That said, in scenario 1 I call with any two suited. In scenario 2 I call with any two offsuit T or higher except I reraise with AK and fold all other non-pair offsuit hands.

Cartman
Old 09-22-2005, 01:28 PM

in situation 1 i call any 2 suited if there are 3 opponents and it is one bet to me. with somewhat connected cards i will call 2 opponents. peter rus has some posts about this and i am bassically following him.

i dont know about situation 2 but i am calling 109o, j10o, q10o so i figure j9 should be good enough. the nice thing about a lag is you stand to make some bets if you hit decent.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:49 PM

I think 1 is an easy call. 2 is boarderline, but I usually fold this, I would call with 109 here.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:27 PM

1) I call any suited garbage here at essentially 7-1 for one more bet. Not 100% sure this is correct...I am thinking you are about 8.1-1 to flop a four flush.... or you could flop some other weird magic. Seems implied odds are there or close for one SB pf.

2)This is not easy. I'd auto call the Buttons steal without the SB's call. While the SB's call sweetens your odds, I think the cards he is holding and his involvement are an issue that I don't like dealing with. He is probably calling with some medium broadways that is slighly better than yours or you are sharing outs. Not saying it is necessarily makeing this a fold, but I'd rather be heads up with worse odds here than 3way with better odds.