Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Dealing with Downswings (Long/Ramble)

I'm in the biggest downswing of my life as well. Absolutely horrible.

It started at UB where I deposited for a bonus. Well to hell with the bonus, I have never been clobbered like that before. Monster over monster left and right. I've never been up against huge hands like that.

I move my money to Stars (just before bonus damnit) and run well at the $1/$2 max for about an hour and it all starts crumbling again.

I went 1-15 in SNGs. The 1 being a 3rd place in a $11. I played the $10r 25k last night and made it to the first break ok by doubling up once when my 88 flopped trips but that was all she wrote. I went 9 orbits without a single playable hand. I am not exagerrating. 9 goddamn orbits with nothing better than K9 utg. I got T4o 6 times in 7 hands once. Just brutal brutal brutal. Just like in the SNGs, I lost coinflip after coinflip after coinflip.

My bust out hand was I had Jh8h in the BB and got a free look at a flop with 2 other callers. I push when the flop of Kh 8s 4h hits. I have 2nd pair and a flush draw. Get called by KTo and of course can't hit my 15 or 16 outer. I was 52% favorite on the flop.

At this point I'm scrambling. I can't find anything that works. MTT - fail. SNG - fail. Ring game - fail. I'm taking 2 weeks off. My bad streak has laster about a month now playing almost every day. And there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.