Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Are SNG players good poker players ??

i think SnG are the easiest form to go from "noob" to "pretty damn decent"...you only really need to grasp/semi-master a few simple concepts before you find yourself beating them for a decent return. To go from noob to quite good at NL cash, or whatever, is a longer road.

Erm, i may not be able to explain what im thinking, that paragraph wasnt quite it. I'll try again:

The financial divergence between a good player and the field is more quickly evident in SnG. Once you "get it" about the bubble, you are across the "treading water" point, and likely to stay there. To cross that bridge in SnG is not a massive revelation, and wont take years of experience. In the "othergames", it takes longer to cross that bridge.

And im the same way...the bills get paid with SnG, but rarely a week goes by without me wandering into the rings for some spice-up, and i reallt am not much past the treading water point at any significant stakes. Im sure i COULD be, but theres a lot of work /time involved.

BL'

Oh, are SnG players good poker players? What eastbay said.