Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Default I PSB this flop and it was a mistake?

Just happened like 15 min ago, but I'm on a different comp so its from memory.
MP villian is 65/16/2.5
CO villian is 70/40/6 - we have a history an orbit prior where he fired small/mid on flop/turn and i called with flushdraw and he checked river and I bluffed and took down pot.

$100NL, I have 145, MP has 75, CO has 185.
I am UTG with AQo raise to $4, MP calls, CO raises to $7, 3folds, I raise to $21, both call.

Flop: A Q 5 r
I lead for ~55, both fold.

I like the rereraise pf and not that im sad about taking down this pot, but I think I gave up a lot of ev by betting.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: I PSB this flop and it was a mistake?

Pot control.

Your reraise puts a lot of chips into the pot with a marginal hand oop.

whats your line when you dont flop top two, say a 37K with two suits? the pot is huge and you are holding crap.

Even though its only a min raise I still think you should just call and see a flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:41 PM

I don't see how you can open raise then re-raise and check the flop. Looks standard.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Leading small or checking to look like missed KK/JJ and having one of these over aggro players try to steal.

If I dont hit the flop its a completely different hand and I have to figure it out... They dont know I have AQo which is the point of the rereaise pf.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:50 PM

I must have missed something. I make 3 X $21 + blinds - rake to be a pot of $64.50. I expect a CB even when you have something like you wanted to represent, the weakness showing up on the turn check after you get 1 or more callers. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I think you make your normal bet, be it 1/2, 2/3, or 3/4 pot.

If they've never seen you pass up a CB in this situation then it's always worth giving it a shot. I think a steal like you're thinking of comes off better HU v. a lag like this. Here you've got two lags looking at each other. But yeah, it wouldn't have hurt to try something with these two.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:36 PM

yeah, your flop bet makes your pfrr incredibly bad. It's like raising pre and flopping a boat. Sure you'd like to disguiss your hand by betting but you have to check. If you bet the flop like this you cannot ever 3bet pre like you did.

I don't know what "PSB" is.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what "PSB" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, it refers to "Pot sized bet". I agree with a smaller bet. QQ is a possibility though, and would you fold to a push after your bet?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:59 PM

I check this flop like 100% against agressive opponents and bet 100% against super calling stations and then it definitely depends against everyone else.

Here's a hand yesterday. 3 or 4 handed. I have AA in SB. Button limps, I raise to $4 (this is 100NL). BB reraises to $7. Limper calls. I make it $24. BB calls, limper calls.

Flop: AT4 with two [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Pot is $72, I have about that left in my stack. I check. BB pushes, limper folds I call. BB has 88.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:28 PM

I dont like to bump my own threads but I think this deserves more discussion.

With two aggros (one insanely) how often should you be willing to check OOP when youve shown serious strength pf and the board could have potentially hit you really well? In this situation I dont think ill ever play this flop like I did again, especially with not just one aggro but two...

PSB means pot sized bet
PSR is pot sized raise
Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 AM

Super Agro = Check = they bet = $$$$