Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Default KTs Great Flop, Turn ?

2/4 6max at UB. Game is pretty LAGgy at the time. The two blinds seem to be at war, and both have shown down some questionable hands given the action. Hero is Button with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Preflop: UTG limps, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop12 SB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero raises, all 3 call

Turn10 BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB checks, <font color="red"> BB Bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero?

It's obvious I'm going to continue, but does anybody raise?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: KTs Great Flop, Turn ?

I raise.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: KTs Great Flop, Turn ?

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 6max at UB. Game is pretty LAGgy at the time. The two blinds seem to be at war, and both have shown down some questionable hands given the action. Hero is Button with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Preflop: UTG limps, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop12 SB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero raises, all 3 call

Turn10 BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB checks, <font color="red"> BB Bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero?

It's obvious I'm going to continue, but does anybody raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this player is a good player, he's betting with the intention of 3-betting. Which means you are behind. I can't see how your Top Pair/Decent Kicker is ever ahead here given the action. Since UTG fold, I'd be more inclided to just call, let the button overcall, and try to spike a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

If the river was a non pairing spade, I raise, if it's a pairing [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T, or K, just call the river bet.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Results

I did raise, SB called 2 cold, BB 3-bet, and we both called.

River(19 BB):5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls and drops the f bomb a few times.

Results(Final Pot 23 BB):
SB has 45o for a turned straight, MHIG.

I realized that I was likely behind the donk turn bet, but thought that raising could possible knock out the SB. However, he's not folding a better hand or draw than mine and if he is behind I want him to call. I guess I should've called the turn. Whoops!
Old 12-11-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Results

Yeah knocking out the player behind you when you are usually behind another player that isn't folding isn't wise, especially when most of your outs are going to beat whatever they both have.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Results

post this in shorthanded forum instead